Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I hope my CT comes soon! Sold my Model 3 today and we're a one-car family now.
I hope you got a really good price for it, because you could be waiting for months.

While the Tesla trad-in may not be the best price, it is pretty close to the easiest (and can help reduce taxes). Other companies like Carmax and Carvana seem to give some pretty good deals and will pickup your car when you are ready for them to do so.

I know that suggestions don't help you, but will maybe others.

There have been numerous instances over the years where people have ordered a car and sold it, only to get stuck without a car for up to a few months.

Reactions: Don B.
I hope you got a really good price for it, because you could be waiting for months.

While the Tesla trad-in may not be the best price, it is pretty close to the easiest (and can help reduce taxes). Other companies like Carmax and Carvana seem to give some pretty good deals and will pickup your car when you are ready for them to do so.

I know that suggestions don't help you, but will maybe others.

There have been numerous instances over the years where people have ordered a car and sold it, only to get stuck without a car for up to a few months.
I am in California, so it won't help me on taxes on a trade-in. I am happy with the price I got, plus it went to someone I know. Since my delivery is anywhere from Jan-Mar, I expect it in April or May. While is not great to have just one car we can do it without too many issues.

you keep your place in line from what I’ve read.
Thank you. I came across that as well…after my post. I guess I’m not the only one thinking about this; for us here in CO, the standard AWD would benefit from a total discount of $12.5K…unless the price rises above $80K. That makes the difference between the two generally identical vehicles of $32.5K.