Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Foundation Series Reservation Holder Reveals Cost Of $120,000: Only 1,000 Will Ever Be Made

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the invite today. I'm not interested in paying $20k for the Foundation series. The way they are pitching the Range Extender is off-putting as well. The 500 mile range was a key reason I was interested in the vehicle.
There’s a lot of, “off putting”... Good luck for those that move forward with an early Founder’s Edition - In all seriousness.

Reactions: B@ndit
With all due respect, the numerous anecdotal experiences are not a confirmation. It is unfortunate for those who were leaning towards purchasing not to have had enough time to make the decision, but so long as there is a non-zero number of contrary anecdotes, i.e., people still being able to order, I would say that the Foundation Series had not yet sold out.
I am able to configure again.

Tesla sent me the Founders Edition email a while back and I just laughed because the tax would be around $11,000. I'm not willing to pay the almost $100k they want for the Tri-Motor with only 320 miles of range, let alone $120k for the Founders. When I put my reservation in 4 years ago it was supposed to cost $70k with over 500 miles of range. When Tesla can get more reasonable with pricing then I'll use my reservation, and if not then I'll cancel and get my $100 back.

Tesla sent me the Founders Edition email a while back and I just laughed because the tax would be around $11,000. I'm not willing to pay the almost $100k they want for the Tri-Motor with only 320 miles of range, let alone $120k for the Founders. When I put my reservation in 4 years ago it was supposed to cost $70k with over 500 miles of range. When Tesla can get more reasonable with pricing then I'll use my reservation, and if not then I'll cancel and get my $100 back.
I did that analysis and got my $100 back right after that “delivery event” spectacle.

Reactions: B@ndit and Resist
Re the OP's assertion that started this thread: There is still no good source saying there will be only 1000 Foundation-series Cybertrucks.

Attachments

• BernieFoundation.jpg
    BernieFoundation.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Funny
Reactions: SpicyPaneer
There is still no good source saying there will be only 1000 Foundation-series Cybertrucks.
I think we all can agree that Foundation Series is a limited production, limited to the number they can sell, which, judging by the Nth wave of invites, appears to be much higher than 1,000 😂 Maybe they limit it to 1,000 Foundation Series cybertrucks PER WAVE OF INVITES 😆

Reactions: jebinc
Dirty Tesla Guy on YT placed his order for the "Limited Edition" CT/FE today...The orders pile on.

My packet of magic quantum qubits tells me that no one individual will ever "see" more than 1,000 FE series trucks.

Tesla's Corporate Accounting abacus says otherwise.

Dirty Tesla Guy on YT placed his order for the "Limited Edition" CT/FE today...The orders pile on.
Even though he said he can't afford it and in Michigan you can't get a Tesla loan, it has to be from somewhere else besides Tesla. So it will be interesting to see how he can get a loan. But I suspect if can swing it, he won't keep it very long because he keeps buying Tesla's and then selling them.