Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Close to finished.
Black Cherry Cybertruck.

Attachments

• 140138.jpeg
    140138.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 140139.jpeg
    140139.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 2
After a four-and-a-half-year wait, pick up of the Cybertruck actually, was somewhat anti-climactic and uneventful. The way Tesla sets it up, you really don't even have to have human contact. You do all the paperwork and pay ahead-of-time online in the app, and when you come up to the vehicle, you log into your phone, and open the door and your key is there. My wife had fun with it, however, after I let her out of the Cyberfrunk!

I'm not one to do a YouTube video with click-bait line, like, "Five things I Hate About My Cybertruck", or "Look at Me, Here's my Cybertruck", but I will include just a couple photos of the fun. One guy online, actually complained that the red light blind spot warning light was in the speaker and not in the mirror. Give me a break. Dial 1 800-WaWaWah. At least we finally have a blindspot warning light!! Thanks, Elon, after all of our bitching. It sure is handy, screw this watch the screen to see who is next to you!

I did get the representative out of her post to take a couple pictures of some scratches and spots on the hood, but I'm not that concerned, because I'm going to wrap it in Black Cherry metallic fade next week anyway. Love the Phoenix Red wrap, but the price has just quadrupled. Pics to follow.

The vehicle far exceeds my expectations, and the steering is unexplainable, except by the word AWESOME! It can turn around in about a 15 ft circle and could probably outdo a Prius in that regard. It has a soft, very comfortable ride, better than the X and Y IMHO and handles better than a Model S. The ride is also adjustable.

I have already been to Lowe's and loaded up with some bags of mulch, so I'm using my cyber truck as a real truck. Of course, while my wife shopped for flowers, I drew the usual crowds. Most were very kind and inquisitive, and they even asked permission to take pictures. One happened to be a neighbor, who said she saw that spaceship in our driveway and wondered if the invasion has already begun. One dear older couple was so sweet. They were tickled by a full tour. As they walked away, I could here her say to her husband, "No, honey, You're not getting one of those, but maybe I will." Too cute.

One guy walked by and pointed to what looked like an old VW van. He said that he has had his van for 50 years and, he sarcastically said he wondered where the Cybertruck would be in 50 years? I had read the article about the Model S with over 375,000 miles and shared the info. He was persistent, so I told him it would probably be on Mars, and quite frankly, I wondered where he might be in 50 years. That got him to walk away. The little lady said, "I wonder what he had for breakfast."

Here's a funny to remember. My friends and I drove it around a bit near the Tesla dealership and hit it hard and felt like it was reasonable acceleration for a near 7,000 lb vehicle. It obviously wasn't a Model X Raven or a Model S Plaid, but It seemed to have reasonable acceleration for the size of the vehicle.

That night when I got home, a friend wanted a ride, so we headed up the road toward the highway, and as I looked down at the miles per hour indicator, I noticed underneath it it said in capital letters CHILL. Sure enough, the default setting was the CHILL mode.

Well, I pulled over and flipped it into standard/sport mode, and then it took off like a wild-assed ape, with neck-snapping ability, from amost any speed. Pure Tesla, born and bred. The nose lifted, and the ass end went down, and it dug in for a 0 to 60 of 3.8, almost as fast as my Model Y Performance (3.5). Just be aware of the factory setting when you get yours. To feel that 21/2 ton refrigerator accelerate to that speed in such a short time is pretty exhilarating, actually. More so, than any of my other Tesla vehicles.

Worth the wait. Definitely, worth the wait.
My summary. Pretty BAD ASS!
You mentioned it does have the blind spot warning light. Is there parking sensors?

You mentioned it does have the blind spot warning light. Is there parking sensors?
Yes, finally blindspot warning, FINALLY!

No sensors.
Elon impulsively gave up on them with the excuse that all of that information just confuses the computer. And, of course his position is that the best part on any vehicle is NO part. Warning wheels may be disappearing in 2026!

Sensors would definitely be helpful, especially in a tight garage or for parking assist. My son's Hyundai Kona has them all over to include a bird's eye view. In 2014, we had sensors, sonar and cameras. In 2024, we have cameras.

Hey Tesla, Objects in the rear view mirror are closer than they appear. Even Hyundai is overertaking you in many areas. Their range is spot on and even understated. No wonder Tesla sales are dropping.

Attachments

• 20240608_210540.jpg
    20240608_210540.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Knickstape
BEWARE:
If you are getting your Cybertruck or any other vehicle wrapped, be careful, and check into the history of the of the installer.

Someone who had their cybertruck wrapped had noticed mine parked at my installers garage. He stopped and literally cried in comparison.

My installer did a cursory examination of his vehicle, and described the wrap as wrong and over 100 ways. He inobtrusively took some photos and I have this one that shows the poor quality. Note the top where the wrap didn't meet and he just cut a thin slice and pasted it in. Tearful and shameful and apparently this is the third cyber truck this installer has wrapped. Rough cut edges and not wrapped tight. Wrinkles, Orange peel, it never ends. An insult to the vehicle.

Note his vs mine below.

Buyer beware! Check them out first and ask to see their product.

To my surprise, my total wrap came to $3990 plus tax. A great deal for a great quality wrap.

Attachments

• 140576.jpeg
    140576.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 140138.jpeg
    140138.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: