Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And where you stand in the queue based on RN # is a total unknown. I’m seriously thinking of buying the Dual FS offered last week as it could be worth 2+ years vs. waiting and the tax credit may be n/a by then. Will just have to work harder on options :)
Well I’m thinking Bitcoin will be at $80k by August. My Apple leaps paid me well. My Tesla leaps was a loss so far. I would love to get the 80k CT. I just don’t see Elon not milking the Teet till it’s dry. I will move forward with my FS. Hoping for a July -August for Tactical Grey.

Reactions: MOD3LR
Do fingerprints come off your vehicle with a squirt or dab of Windex or Bar Keepers Friend like some in the thread have said?
Fingerprints come off with alcohol, and also with Bar Keepers, but unfortunately then you have to deal with the residue that Bar Keepers leaves and so then you find something else to remove the Bar Keepers and it goes on and on and on, and you carry it in your back pocket.

If you enjoy the stainless steel look, just have it wrapped in clear ppf,which will maintain its beauty, and you won't have to hassle with all of the prints and the oil residue. The cold rolled stainless steel is a magnet for oil, particularly skin oil.

I've had clear paint protection film on every one of the nine Tesla's I've owned to date and it keeps them protected, improves or resale and takes the worry out of maintenance.

In the picture below is my 2014 Tesla Model S, my first, and it just recently had the ppf removed. It looks just like new. It looks just like new with its 287,000 miles.

To each their own, but for me it's a wrap.
110841.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Jones1
Fingerprints come off with alcohol, and also with Bar Keepers, but unfortunately then you have to deal with the residue that Bar Keepers leaves and so then you find something else to remove the Bar Keepers and it goes on and on and on, and you carry it in your back pocket.

If you enjoy the stainless steel look, just have it wrapped in clear ppf,which will maintain its beauty, and you won't have to hassle with all of the prints and the oil residue. The cold rolled stainless steel is a magnet for oil, particularly skin oil.

I've had clear paint protection film on every one of the nine Tesla's I've owned to date and it keeps them protected, improves or resale and takes the worry out of maintenance.

In the picture below is my 2014 Tesla Model S, my first, and it just recently had the ppf removed. It looks just like new. It looks just like new with its 287,000 miles.

To each their own, but for me it's a wrap.View attachment 1056388
How much for the ppf wrap for CT?

It’s a curiosity Question nothing more! Why does everyone fear fingerprints? Trying to remember the last time I touched the paint on my MS? Are CT owners supposed to hand message the body on entry for some unusual reason? Just never understood how this is a big issue? Technically don’t even have to touch door handles like the MS so even more confused.
the issue with CT in my opinion is that there are no door handles and you end up touching the stainless steel when opening and closing the doors all around the edges ... this ends up looking like crap ... and you focus on those areas so it makes it seem worse ... other vehicles you open with a handle and generally dont touch trhe doors

also random people are constantly touching the CT when checking it out in a parking lot (hopefully this stops ) ;)

the issue with CT in my opinion is that there are no door handles and you end up touching the stainless steel when opening and closing the doors all around the edges ... this ends up looking like crap ... and you focus on those areas so it makes it seem worse ... other vehicles you open with a handle and generally dont touch trhe doors

also random people are constantly touching the CT when checking it out in a parking lot (hopefully this stops ) ;)
Confused. You touch a rubber pad and the door opens to use the Inside edge to open. All good just confusing, may need to go run my hands down the hood of my MS to feel one with it before driving.

Confused. You touch a rubber pad and the door opens to use the Inside edge to open. All good just confusing, may need to go run my hands down the hood of my MS to feel one with it before driving.
sounds good in theory in practice does not work out that way ... you end up with finger prints just a fact ... no one is caressing the SS 🖐️🖐️🖐️

Reactions: Fairchild
Agree. It sucks the juice right outta your skin at 3 inches!!! At least it feels that way.

I want a truck I can touch and run through a car wash without having to take the prints off all the time.
Of course, one could leave it like this if you wish.
1718395888686.png

Reactions: kabin

My wife’s Toyota came with ppf around the door handles. I loved it so much. I purchased that for my MYP. I wonder if there will be some like that. Small ppf piece that will only cover the outer area of door handle area. Where you can just grab. Hell it can be 2 or 3 inches. In diameter.
image.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
My wife’s Toyota came with ppf around the door handles. I loved it so much. I purchased that for my MYP. I wonder if there will be some like that. Small ppf piece that will only cover the outer area of door handle area. Where you can just grab. Hell it can be 2 or 3 inches. In diameter.View attachment 1056607

Abstract Ocean has a kit for this. AO Door Fingerprint Guards

• Love
Reactions: Zero CO2 and Jones1
Mine goes in tomorrow to become a Metallic Black Cherry fade. Here's what it looks like on a Model 3.

I've yet to see Black Cherry on the Cybertruck.

Finalized pix to follow in a week or so.
First pics of Black Cherry Cybertruck about half complete. Ceramic over all when done.
Poor quality pics taken from bad video doen't do it justice.
More pics to follow. It pops in the sun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240618_174439_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_174439_Video Player.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240618_174721_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_174721_Gallery.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240618_174558_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_174558_Video Player.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240618_203229_LINE.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_203229_LINE.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240618_203236_LINE.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_203236_LINE.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240618_203251_LINE.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_203251_LINE.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240618_203220_LINE.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_203220_LINE.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1712685892955.jpg
    1712685892955.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 1
WARNING:
Once you get your cybertruck, be extremely careful with the manual door release and telling passengers not to use it.

Whilw my CT was in for wrapping, the window tint shop next door came over to do window tint on the driver and passenger's windows and the quarter windows. The installer did not bring along his "pool noodle" to place between the door and keep it from closing while the window was extended.

Subsequently, the door closed and the edge of the laminated driver's side window touched the hard, sharp metal of the Cybertruck causing a small chip on the edge of the window. (See photo).

The chip apparently allowed air between the laminate partitions of glass, and when the heat dryer was used to solidify the tint, it caused one section of the laminate to crack about two to three inches.

The installer has already ordered a new driver side window, at his cost of $260, from Tesla, and it will be arriving on Saturday.

It will be installed on Tuesday, and I will be returning from out of state on Wednesday or Thursday to pick it the vehicle.

This surfaces a new issue for cybertrucks, in that if your passenger uses the emergency door pull to open the door, it could produce a similar result. Be advised and be wise. I am even considering putting a DO NOT USE label on the pull-up emergency handle, because almost all of my passengers want to use that emergency release instead of the electronic button.

Attachments

• 140015.jpeg
    140015.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 140018.jpeg
    140018.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 140021.jpeg
    140021.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Informative
Reactions: Zero CO2 and Jones1

1. WARNING:
    Once you get your cybertruck, be extremely careful with the manual door release and telling passengers not to use it.

Whilw my CT was in for wrapping, the window tint shop next door came over to do window tint on the driver and passenger's windows and the quarter windows. The installer did not bring along his "pool noodle" to place between the door and keep it from closing while the window was extended.

Subsequently, the door closed and the edge of the laminated driver's side window touched the hard, sharp metal of the Cybertruck causing a small chip on the edge of the window. (See photo).

The chip apparently allowed air between the laminate partitions of glass, and when the heat dryer was used to solidify the tint, it caused one section of the laminate to crack about two to three inches.

The installer has already ordered a new driver side window, at his cost of $260, from Tesla, and it will be arriving on Saturday.

It will be installed on Tuesday, and I will be returning from out of state on Wednesday or Thursday to pick it the vehicle.

This surfaces a new issue for cybertrucks, in that if your passenger uses the emergency door pull to open the door, it could produce a similar result. Be advised and be wise. I am even considering putting a DO NOT USE label on the pull-up emergency handle, because almost all of my passengers want to use that emergency release instead of the electronic button.
    Is the manual door release hidden like the back doors of the model Y and or 3? Or is it more obvious like the front doors. If it’s the same setup as the front doors of the other Tesla vehicles. Then it will be a problem for me. My immediate family will use the button. Anyone that doesn’t live in my house. Will grab the handle for the emergency release. Tesla needs to do a better placement for the handle.