Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Foundation Series Reservation Holder Reveals Cost Of $120,000: Only 1,000 Will Ever Be Made

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an invite and I reserved (3 of them - back when you had to select the trim level) in summer of 2021. I estimated that even my oldest reservation is 750,000 down the list. I figure that it is unlikely that my number came up due to low take rate. Perhaps owning stock or having owned two MX and one MS, all well-used, had something to do with it?

I am considering buying but it's a bit soon, financially speaking. Plus, I suspect that used ones will be quite reasonable in 2 to 3 years. Not a fan of all-terrain tires either.

Got my invite to order a couple weeks ago, my reservation was from Oct 2020.
Not going to order though, I just feel that the cybertruck is too far behind the competition to put a premium on ordering (foundation series). Silverado EV is more compelling and I have my invite to order a first edition now but I feel like it's a better buy but still too overpriced as well.

Main reasons why I'm passing on the Cybertruck (at least a foundation series)
1. Lack of range/features
2. High cost (probably not an issue if #1 wasn't an issue).
3. Competition, Silverado EV and Rivian both seem like better options.

Other reasons not really related to the Cybertruck itself:
1. I'm always waiting for my house construction to be completed.
2. I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 1550 diesel that's been a fantastic truck and it's a 0% loan. I briefly thought about a used Hummer EV but giving up that 0% APR is hard when you look at current rates.

I also have a Silverado EV First edition reservation and I'm passing on it for now as well, even though I think it's a better buy than the Cybertruck (looks, range, and cost)...

Reactions: FastEddieB
Got my invite to order a couple weeks ago, my reservation was from Oct 2020.
Not going to order though, I just feel that the cybertruck is too far behind the competition to put a premium on ordering (foundation series). Silverado EV is more compelling and I have my invite to order a first edition now but I feel like it's a better buy but still too overpriced as well.

Main reasons why I'm passing on the Cybertruck (at least a foundation series)
1. Lack of range/features
2. High cost (probably not an issue if #1 wasn't an issue).
3. Competition, Silverado EV and Rivian both seem like better options.

Other reasons not really related to the Cybertruck itself:
1. I'm always waiting for my house construction to be completed.
2. I have a 2022 GMC Sierra 1550 diesel that's been a fantastic truck and it's a 0% loan. I briefly thought about a used Hummer EV but giving up that 0% APR is hard when you look at current rates.

I also have a Silverado EV First edition reservation and I'm passing on it for now as well, even though I think it's a better buy than the Cybertruck (looks, range, and cost)...
That 3.0 Duramax is hard to beat. Great fuel economy and basically same towing capacity at the gasser versions. 👍🏻