Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As said, they are producing about 1,000 per week.
Mine has arrived in Jacksonville, three hours north. Originally scheduled to arrive May 27, but I understand the truck driver had to visit two girlfriends in Louisiana. Jacksonville is a Regional Center and they have to unload it and then reload it on another truck to ship it south to Merrit Island.
(Weird) Load/Reload

With a couple of days for prep it should be available next week. I was at the dealer, today and so far they have delivered about 30, but now at a faster clip they are delivering about five a week here on the Space Coast.

Look at the line of them waiting for prep. It might take them weeks for them to get to mine.

BTW, Service recommends using alcohol-based Windex to remove fingerprints. Other items, to include stainless steel polish, and the Grandpa Moses special leave residue, and then the panels look different.

Mine will be wrapped in Black-Cherry from Jun 16-19.

Also, the VIN numbers on these on the lot, are all over the place.

View attachment 1052010
Have you by any chance investigated the merits and demerits of putting a ceramic coating on the CT for smudge and finger print prevention, and easy washing?

Reactions: Jones1
Have you by any chance investigated the merits and demerits of putting a ceramic coating on the CT for smudge and finger print prevention, and easy washing?
It’s a curiosity Question nothing more! Why does everyone fear fingerprints? Trying to remember the last time I touched the paint on my MS? Are CT owners supposed to hand message the body on entry for some unusual reason? Just never understood how this is a big issue? Technically don’t even have to touch door handles like the MS so even more confused.

• Funny
It’s a curiosity Question nothing more! Why does everyone fear fingerprints? Trying to remember the last time I touched the paint on my MS? Are CT owners supposed to hand message the body on entry for some unusual reason? Just never understood how this is a big issue? Technically don’t even have to touch door handles like the MS so even more confused.
This will probably be the first truck owned. For most CT owners.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I would recommend a wrap. My friend used ceramic directly on his and it left a splotchy residue.

The professional says. NO ceramic on bare CT. ceramic coating on cybertruck - Google Search

I will have my wrapper put ceramic on top of my BLACK CHERRY WRAP.

If you don't have a CT, then you don't know. The oils from your skin leave a very blotchy unpleasant residue that makes the vehicle look like crap.
After two weeks, my friend, who was determined not to wrap his, just called me for my detailer's number.

Had to do it. Got my invitation yesterday.

IMG_0496.png

If you don't have a CT, then you don't know. The oils from your skin leave a very blotchy unpleasant residue that makes the vehicle look like crap.
After two weeks, my friend, who was determined not to wrap his, just called me for my detailer's number.
Understood but that doesn’t answer my question. Do you go out a plant your hands on all the panels? And why? Who does that.

To let everybody know. On the edges the prints appear and build up. You can coat with protect clear a stainless coating, and recommend a pro do it. It's a little finicky.

It's listed as a vendor on the other site....

I didn't read much. Yet if you don't have the truck you really don't understand the issue or understand the porosity of stainless.

I would say if you wrap make sure you stay in urban. Sorry any vinyl wrap will be destroyed by trees and brush. To put PPF on a stainless truck makes me laugh everyday.

I don't use on anything other than high pressure warm water and occasional ONR with bar keepers friend on spots.

PXL_20240602_171636214.jpg

Highly recommend getting out of the garage and enjoying the truck vs. keeping it in one.

Crossing over 15k this weekend.

Do fingerprints come off your vehicle with a squirt or dab of Windex or Bar Keepers Friend like some in the thread have said?

Do fingerprints come off your vehicle with a squirt or dab of Windex or Bar Keepers Friend like some in the thread have said?
Bar keepers friend once a month.
ONR for spots daily if needed.
Warm water to clean overall.
No Windex. Has ammonia. Buy some sprayway is much better if you like that route. No residue.

Make sure one removes the bar keepers friend. Needs to be cleaned off

• Helpful
Reactions: CHGolferJim
After watching the shareholder meeting.
Do we believe that the FS will stop production and switch to non FS production next quarter?
I think they may open orders by the end of the quarter.November - December for deliveries. Probably 1/2025

After watching the shareholder meeting.
Do we believe that the FS will stop production and switch to non FS production next quarter?
I think they may open orders by the end of the quarter.November - December for deliveries. Probably 1/2025
And where you stand in the queue based on RN # is a total unknown. I’m seriously thinking of buying the Dual FS offered last week as it could be worth 2+ years vs. waiting and the tax credit may be n/a by then. Will just have to work harder on options :)