Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Signature Wheel Gallery | Fitment Q&A Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally chose Signature wheels bc I could not find one failure thread or post. Found zero pictures of a failure, crack, bend, etc on the internet....and we are talking about the internet here. It’s not to say it won’t....time will tell but the track record is pretty damn good right now. That’s good enough for me :D

Last edited:
Heavy track use makes wheels a disposable thing. They just slowly bend in all directions. Aluminum doesn't return back from bending very well (not as good as spring steel). Especially when it's hot, due to brakes and tires heat.

SV503 is clearly a stronger design and I expect it to live longer under abuse

Everything is ultimately disposable, due to fatigue, everything. It’s the duty cycle of the cyclic stress which defines when a product will fail.

Properly designed wheels don’t bend with normal usage (road/track etc), they flex. This causes a slow change to the grain structure within the material which eventually causes cracks to form. Apart from hitting solid objects too hard, if a wheel permanently deforms, it hasn’t been designed correctly, or it has been manufactured from the wrong material/incorrect heat treatment (T0 or T3 for example)

If you try to bend high tensile aluminium which has been heat treated to T6 spec (which I have tried!) it will start to crack before it permanently distorts.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Everything is ultimately disposable, due to fatigue, everything. It’s the duty cycle of the cyclic stress which defines when a product will fail.

Properly designed wheels don’t bend with normal usage (road/track etc), they flex. This causes a slow change to the grain structure within the material which eventually causes cracks to form. Apart from hitting solid objects too hard, if a wheel permanently deforms, it hasn’t been designed correctly, or it has been manufactured from the wrong material/incorrect heat treatment (T0 or T3 for example)

If you try to bend high tensile aluminium which has been heat treated to T6 spec (which I have tried!) it will start to crack before it permanently distorts.
Wheels becoming very hot on the track, so they lose some of material flexibility. I saw wheels losing axis over time and edges rolling out to the extent that tire can't keep air pressure. My understanding that curb cutting is the main thing that leads to those effects. Street use without accident makes them last a car lifetime.

Wheels becoming very hot on the track, so they lose some of material flexibility. I saw wheels losing axis over time and edges rolling out to the extent that tire can't keep air pressure. My understanding that curb cutting is the main thing that leads to those effects. Street use without accident makes them last a car lifetime.

I don’t know what the wheels were made from, that you are talking about, but the wheels I am discussing here, made from 6061 T6, will not start to be annealed and so softened to a state that they will permanently distort without cracking, until their temperature is circa 400 degC. Lower temperatures than this will definitely reduce their tensile strength, but this will make the wheel more prone to cracking at a lower load, not distorting.

6061 T6 is extremely hard to bend without cracking, even when heated to high temps.

Waiting patiently for spring time to come around and have these mounted...
JSDiF0k.jpeg
That literally looks like a worm hole.
upload_2021-2-3_16-10-26.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: MODEL+
NEW RELEASE ALERT!

SV504

We've been getting requests for a simple split 5 spoke for track use so Signature decided to make one ;). Track focus design for the toughest track abuse with classic very straight forward spoke cuts. Better racing design with no I beams here to sacrifice rigidity; just meaty strong spokes. Weight will be on par with SV503 :eek:.

**PROMO PRICING - FOR THE FIRST 3 CUSTOMERS ONLY**
IMG_9193.JPG
IMG_9194.JPG

Ever wonder why the SV104 is our most popular wheel and why our customers love to chose this design? It’s because our engineers can do this. :eek:

If concavity is your main focus; Signature does it best. Super Deep Concavity Fitment. :cool:

6F61BBE8-B361-49BE-8A3D-78BB078B5896.jpeg

DM me for your next set of wheels. We ensure fitment based on your current / future aftermarket needs. ;)

Last edited:
FITMENT means a lot. It’s not only the outer face in relation to the fender but also inside clearance. Inherently by nature we also have to know tires but as you know each manufacturer have different section and tread widths. Our customers ask us all the time “will this rub?” and trust us for our guidance/expertise before spending money on tires. We work in millimeters here and at Signature we 3D scan our car wheel wells just like high end forged wheel companies do.
6C10E1F5-BBAA-4DA6-AE76-AF5F6996DB40.jpeg

Suspension geometry and BBK clearances also come into play. Everything is back checked so you get the best fitting wheels made specifically for your car and your aftermarket setup. Dimensions are erased so we are not copied.
B9ED2A2C-1C82-4315-AA27-32C35990AC1D.jpeg

Let us know if we can make your car stand out with the best fitting wheels on the market.

Reactions: xPETEx and dmd2005