Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmmu 12V Battery Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Ohmmu app update is out today. The new app allows configuration of the battery for model of car (not just Tesla). Plus if any issues you can send a battery data file back to Ohmmu. Not sure what the model specific configuration is more a Model 3. Will try it and see.
So have you been able to update the firmware in the battery? What version of the app does it show? Please post with pictures. This would be really helpful.

Avoid. I putchased a battery for my model 3 and it absolutely did not work. Kept getting all sort of errors. Maybe they fixed this by now. But my beef with them is when I contacted them for help, they totally ghosted me. Not only no refund, but absolutely no communication. Avoid this company.

• Informative
Reactions: walla2 and Scelto
So have you been able to update the firmware in the battery? What version of the app does it show? Please post with pictures. This would be really helpful.
According to the app store the IOS app is version 2.0. According to the app, the BMS firmware is version Tesla Model 3. To update the battery firmware is simple. Open the app and connected to the battery as normal. Go to the Advanced page (bottom right of app). Go to bottom. A new section is there called BMS Firmware. Select "Update" and there will be a whole menu of what type of car you are doing the update. In my case I selected model 3. Leave the phone within bluetooth range of the battery. The update will take only a couple of minutes. A complete banner will appear. That's it! If a error occurs like draining or replace battery go to app while in bluetooth range and select "Send Config" Again takes a couple minutes. I would followup with Ohmmu with the issue and mention data file sent in.

IMG_1973.PNG

Don't waste your time or money on an OHMMU Li Battery! They are CRAP, and worse yet there is no phone contact for the company, so that shows their lack of care for their customers. Purchased one for my 2018 Model X, and within one day I got the Low Voltage Battery WARNING. I attempted the reset that OHMMU website recommended (pulling all USB's, and resetting your wheel designation), but no luck with that. Had to pull the whole frunk apart AGAIN to hard reset the car (pulling high voltage plug, and disconnecting the negative contact of the 12 volt battery for five minutes). That worked for a day, then the warning is back! Looking at all the various blogs this is a SIGNIFICANT problem with OHMMU, so dont wast your $$$ on this overpriced POS! Not to mention wasting your time because its not like you are just changing a battery, its a whole process pulling the frunk apart each time!

According to the app store the IOS app is version 2.0. According to the app, the BMS firmware is version Tesla Model 3. To update the battery firmware is simple. Open the app and connected to the battery as normal. Go to the Advanced page (bottom right of app). Go to bottom. A new section is there called BMS Firmware. Select "Update" and there will be a whole menu of what type of car you are doing the update. In my case I selected model 3. Leave the phone within bluetooth range of the battery. The update will take only a couple of minutes. A complete banner will appear. That's it! If a error occurs like draining or replace battery go to app while in bluetooth range and select "Send Config" Again takes a couple minutes. I would followup with Ohmmu with the issue and mention data file sent in.

View attachment 952930
I am losing confidence in omhmu. They continue to not respond to emails except intermittently and unpredictably, and although they say that a version 2.0 with firmware flashing will be available on Android it has never appeared now a month later after they said it would. I think unfortunately they don't know how to solve this problem and they've come up with a series of Band-Aids hoping that this will keep them from a complete crash of their business model. Unfortunately it looks like they are abandoning any real efforts to have a battery that can work on Model 3/Y

How long from new can we expect to have to replaced rhe LV battery?
When will Tesla not cover under warranty?
Any symptoms before full failure?

People report 2-4 years. I have a 5 and 6 year old battery that are fine.
Tesla will cover under original 4 year warranty.
Most people get a warning on the screen, and the car will switch to a mode where it will run forever in that mode, but it uses a lot more electricity.

There's a 29 page thread on this here:

Reactions: android04
I am losing confidence in omhmu. They continue to not respond to emails except intermittently and unpredictably, and although they say that a version 2.0 with firmware flashing will be available on Android it has never appeared now a month later after they said it would. I think unfortunately they don't know how to solve this problem and they've come up with a series of Band-Aids hoping that this will keep them from a complete crash of their business model. Unfortunately it looks like they are abandoning any real efforts to have a battery that can work on Model 3/Y
Well and the fact that models 3 no longer have regular batteries, their batteries are not going to be sold.

Reactions: SageBrush
Spoke too soon. Just got the app version 2.0 yesterday from Queenie at omhmu. Works well, with a significantly more stable connection to the battery, was able to update firmware in the battery. With the warm temperatures however I have not had a concern and have not had to do resets. We will see this fall if in fact the firmware takes care of the problems in cold weather better.

Spoke too soon. Just got the app version 2.0 yesterday from Queenie at omhmu. Works well, with a significantly more stable connection to the battery, was able to update firmware in the battery. With the warm temperatures however I have not had a concern and have not had to do resets. We will see this fall if in fact the firmware takes care of the problems in cold weather better.
What version Tesla software are you using with the Ohmmu?

Also, have you installed the battery with the new firmware? I had noted (I am on 2023.7.20) that after the 6 hour initialization the battery would go through a oscillating charge/discharge sequence with greater and greater discharges at higher amp draw each cycle. The final discharge was at 25 amps and I stopped it at 49% state of charge. Wondering if later Tesla software versions behave differently.