Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohmmu Battery & 2020.28.6 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My battery OEM just turned 2. Looking at the Ohmmu. Esp since Rev 2 is out.

Ski
I just put an Ohmmu battery in my Model 3P (it was an August 2018 delivery), which has just over 43,000 miles. I know if the battery failed it would be a warranty item, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle. The instructions were clear and easy to follow on the Ohmmu web site, and I've had no issues with the battery. No regrets for taking the leap early.

I should have noted I have FSD and I'm on software version 2020.40.8.

I just put an Ohmmu battery in my Model 3P (it was an August 2018 delivery), which has just over 43,000 miles. I know if the battery failed it would be a warranty item, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle. The instructions were clear and easy to follow on the Ohmmu web site, and I've had no issues with the battery. No regrets for taking the leap early.

I should have noted I have FSD and I'm on software version 2020.40.8.

Steve,
Thanks my friend! Sept 2018 P3D here. Appreciate you chiming in. I’m of the same mind. Don’t want the hassle when it does fail. Pre-emptive strike so to speak. The other side is wait till it fails, get it replaced under warranty and then store the new one on a tender. But there’s that hassle thing again. They’re cheap so why deal with it. Just going to go Ohmmu I believe.

Ski

Last edited:
ive a 2020 P3D full fsd latest build and after 3 going on 4 weeks no error. ohmmu tested their new revision for weeks prior to releasing this latest one so either you have a defective battery or a version 1 was sent to you instead.

whatever the case, think ohmmu have fixed the issue.

Straight from service advisor: 12 v is covered 4 year 50K miles. No over the counter sales of batteries for self installation. Out of warranty battery + installation $350. PDX Macadam YMMV

At least they let us buy and install wipers air filters.
I was able to buy a battery over the counter, they wanted VIN # $85 and no core charge. Shocked they didn't know what they were talking about!

Reactions: lUtriaNt