Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Okay, I got a message from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got mine earlier as well and was worried about the transfer, finally decided that the easiest way was to just provide ACH transfer out of the original account instead of moving it twice. Much easier, worked like a charm.

And then you can drive over the weekend!

Got a message that my car is ready to be picked up on 9/14 in Brooklyn Tesla center..
Wow, at least I need couple days to move my money from one bank to another, so probably I will try to pick up on Monday.
VIN 73XXX
Reserved 8/21/17
Ordered 6/29/18
AWD
Solid Black
LR Premium
No EAP or FSD
Non owner
Imagine trying to drive a Model 3P on the Staten Island expressway of potholed land? Lol

I want to transfer my old car plate, but I did not unregister my old car yet, my friend wants to buy my old car. I have no idea how I do it. I wanted to contact somebody from local delivery center, but could not.
You're in NY. Plates are quick. Unless you have a vanity plate I wouldn't worry about transferring the old plate, just get a new one.

But if you want to, you can get the plate transfer information from your local DMV. It'll be way faster than talking to Tesla, *and substantially more accurate*. Tesla employees didn't know much of about NY registration last I checked.

You're in NY. Plates are quick. Unless you have a vanity plate I wouldn't worry about transferring the old plate, just get a new one.

But if you want to, you can get the plate transfer information from your local DMV. It'll be way faster than talking to Tesla, *and substantially more accurate*. Tesla employees didn't know much of about NY registration last I checked.
Yes, after all I decided not to transfer and just to get a new one. Much less hussle. I am going to give my old car title to my friend tomorrow, so I guess I could take it of my insurance and he will put it on his. I am not sure what else I have to do.

Reactions: neroden
Yes, after all I decided not to transfer and just to get a new one. Much less hussle. I am going to give my old car title to my friend tomorrow, so I guess I could take it of my insurance and he will put it on his. I am not sure what else I have to do.

I'm in the same boat as you - NY and I want to transfer plates. I have the old style blue and white plates, and I don't want the ugly as f*** new yellow ones, especially on my blue car. :eek:

For me it seems like a smooth process so far. I told my IDA I want to transfer them, he asked for a photo of the plate and a photo of the registration card. I sent them along and he said everything is in order for my pickup next week. I don't know how complicated the process is in NY, but they're professionals and this is an expensive car, I expect them to be able to handle it.

Reactions: Sg911
I'm in the same boat as you - NY and I want to transfer plates. I have the old style blue and white plates, and I don't want the ugly as f*** new yellow ones, especially on my blue car. :eek:

For me it seems like a smooth process so far. I told my IDA I want to transfer them, he asked for a photo of the plate and a photo of the registration card. I sent them along and he said everything is in order for my pickup next week. I don't know how complicated the process is in NY, but they're professionals and this is an expensive car, I expect them to be able to handle it.
My plate was also blue and white, M3 is black, so it is okay I guess. My Tesla representative is in Las Vegas, and she did not reach me until today afternoon, and I was not at home.

Got the car today. Everything went smooth, car was charged up to 296miles, odometer has 10. When I get home I noticed that driver door is a bit popped out. I will call Tesla and put it on a list. Otherwize everything was ok, I do not know how I noticed it only when I got home. Did not sleep the night, so probably it takes toll. Did not think that black will look so good.

Reactions: neroden and Mike521