Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG, I feel embarrassed with my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, if you pause the music, it should stay paused (it used to). However, if the car goes to sleep, it will start playing the music again after it wakes up. This is a bug that has not yet been fixed in 6.2. The partial mute issue could be related.
Ah so *that's* when the pausing auto-plays. We play an audiobook while travelling and I never could figure the (seemingly random, rare) pattern of startup, occasionally being a chapter or more ahead.

Now come on guys, I love Britney Spears! I have it blasting in my Tesla all the time. :)

However, I did have an issue with the music blasting not too long ago. My music was on about 5 when I left the car. When I got back in, it was on 10! I couldn't turn it down through the screen. The screen froze up on me. It was some malfunction. Too bad it wasn't a Britney song. ;)

today I noticed (with my one day old car) that the music went down in volume when I opened the door, but not
when a passenger opened the door. I don't know if this is how it should be though.

It doesn't matter which door you open, the volume "should" tune down.

Guys, the embarrass part was not the song, it was the volume. All the parents "moms" were looking at me thinking this guy is showing off.

Thanks for the explanation. Now I get it. Sorry, I'm used to average cars where nothing turns on until you either turn a key or push a button.

That is the way it should be, or at least have an option that WE the owner to decide when WE are ready to turn on anything in the car and not to (make an ) ASS-U-ME or second guess what WE should be doing.
An open door does not means anyone is ready to go anywhere.
Want to assume anything then give us a setting "Auto On" that if OFF display a button on the screen one can touch ON an ONLY THEN the car turns on instead of what it does now.

I experience both the problems described in this thread, all the time:

1. paused audio automatically resumes all the damn time - but especially if you leave and return to the car
2. if you open any door other than the driver's (which is really common when bundling kids into the car) it resumes *at full volume* and by definition there's nothing you can do about it because you're nowhere near the controls to turn it down.

I experience both the problems described in this thread, all the time:

1. paused audio automatically resumes all the damn time - but especially if you leave and return to the car
2. if you open any door other than the driver's (which is really common when bundling kids into the car) it resumes *at full volume* and by definition there's nothing you can do about it because you're nowhere near the controls to turn it down.

I seriously believe that someone at Tesla was completely oblivious to the fact that people open their car doors for reasons other than "getting into the driver's seat and driving away." Opening other doors for "non-driving-away" reasons is very common, and most of the time you really don't want the car "turning on all the things" when you do that.

Look at it this way: If your car playing loud music at your kids' school is something you are embarrassed about, you've got it pretty good when it comes to the embarrassment department.

Then again, if you were playing Howard Stern, and he was introducing Robin's news, and playing one of her songs the fans send in, then I'm right there with you. I turn Stern way down just stopping at a light, knowing how silent and unsoundproof the car is.