Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG TSLA @ $202 :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am waiting for Q2 numbers before taking a larger TSLA position. Elon has created an expectation for all-time record deliveries and if it happens, SP is off to the races.

If not, and it's a miss like Q1, look out below. Would have to reevaluate the price to get in, probably well below $150.

I think the Support is actually really good, the build quality is not so good. People have become hypersensitve and complain about reallysmall things. A friend had a minor blemish on roof, Tesla replaced the whole glass. This is why they are bleeding money. They need to improve initial quailty to save money on fixing things down the road.

Very happy the Shorts got squeezed today, it took one memo from Elon. Tons of short covering in the first hour of trading today.

Agreed 100%! Everyone knows that Tesla just churns out cars, with no regards to quality control, hoping that the customers won't see the defects, or if they do see them, will put up with it and not raise a big stink. If they do, the service centers are the fall back.

Reactions: dethman
Bezos is a moron - I refuse to shop at Amazon. Their products suck and he is an egotistical jerk. I love Elon Musk and I share his vision for the future. Just wait - when prices start dropping on stocks, the smart person buys. The stock will rebound. Just be patient and you will make a lot of money. Only fools sell when the stock price goes down. (Unless it is a very bad company - which Tesla is not).

Brent

Tesla equity investors are either financially illiterate or delusional. I've been warning how overvalued the company was since it was at $370 a share. Any rational investor should be disgusted by Tesla's balance sheet and unsustainable cash flows. The only reason why Tesla is alive at all is because of its CFFF. If that dries up Tesla is 100% dead.

Last edited:
Tesla equity investors are either financially illiterate or delusional. I've been warning how overvalued the company was since it was at $370 a share. Any rational investor should be disgusted by Tesla's balance sheet and unsustainable cash flows. The only reason why Tesla is alive at all is because of its CFFF. If that dries up Tesla is 100% dead.
Oh boy, I am glad we have a super genius investor on here that knew exactly where the top of Tesla stock was and warned people. So help me.... where was that posting again ? :rolleyes:

Oh boy, I am glad we have a super genius investor on here that knew exactly where the top of Tesla stock was and warned people. So help me.... where was that posting again ? :rolleyes:
Go search my posts. I've SHORTED the stock since it was at $330, and covered the position when it was $238. I could've made a lot more if I held it but I'm satisfied when the profits I made.

Reactions: gowthamn
Good posts. I agree that Elon is perhaps best suited as a Chief Innovation Officer or the like. As for the stock price, as a pure auto company, Tesla is clearly overpriced. However, all of the negative media attention lately fails to point out that GM and other companies have been doing at least as poorly as Tesla with sedan sales, which are simply out of fashion at the moment in the U.S. However, as a tech company, Tesla is a bargain. Tesla now develops its own hardware, and its software is way ahead of the competition. In the unlikely event that Tesla cannot access sufficient funds in the capital markets, it could easily license its tech to other companies and become the Microsoft of the auto world.

A big unknown long term is whether Tesla's bet on non-LIDAR autonomous driving will pay off. If it does, then Tesla will have a large head start on other autonomous vehicle developers like Google (and would be a good takeover candidate for one of them)

Just 6 months ago, things were looking super bright and Tesla was shipping like crazy. I wonder how many of you were calling for Musk to step down then.

Some of you who are upset because Elon didn’t sell to Apple because he would have to step down? Maybe he didn’t want to give up. He put HIS money and HIS life into this while you and I just sat back on the sideline. And then you turn around and praise VW? VW?!?!??!? After their scandals? Good grief.

The real question is, if TSLA is back up to near ATH in another 6 months, will you admit you were wrong? Doubtful.

Amazing how many people start to melt so quickly if the flame gets a little hotter for a while. And yes, I am currently down in the 6 figures as well at the moment but own my shares out right. If you are getting caught because of margin, that’s on you. COMPLETELY ON YOU!!!!!!

I’m looking at this as a buying opportunity.

Bezos is a moron - I refuse to shop at Amazon. Their products suck and he is an egotistical jerk. I love Elon Musk and I share his vision for the future. Just wait - when prices start dropping on stocks, the smart person buys. The stock will rebound. Just be patient and you will make a lot of money. Only fools sell when the stock price goes down. (Unless it is a very bad company - which Tesla is not).

Brent
But Bezos is a very very rich moron. I don’t think he got that rich by being stupid.

• Love
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I believe in the ARK valuation...$tsla will be $700-$4000 in 5 years. Tsla is like 6 companies in 1.

1. (Battery Business) Making own batteries...they now have multiple gig-factories. And to quote the CEO of VW...each car manufacturer will deliver up to the number of batteries they can get. Only tesla is making their own and with Maxwell they are way ahead. With vertical alignment in the supply chain, Tesla could potentially sell batteries to others at a huge premium. Tesla 50KwH battery would be equivalent to LG Chem 70Kwh in terms of range.

2. Autonomy business, baring the bad news. But remember once VW and others have some sort of self driving, and their drivers crash how bad will the tesla news be? Tesla is competing with Mobileye and nvdia in this space. They could potentially sell their own self drive to others

3. Software business, this is a given. They are doing well here

4. Robo-taxis - competing and beating uber and lyft... cost per mile $.18 vs $2.00 respectively. There are a lot of hard problems with picking people up. They could have drop zones, where the human walks to the exact spot on every street. the last mile of this problem is potentially challenging, but if anyone is able to have a robo taxi fleet it will be Tesla.

5. Insurance Business - Buffet and Munger are in the cross hairs of Elon, you can feel he wants to disrupt their archaic business. He is armed with user driving data, which is a gold mine. No other insurance carrier has this unless they install a special device and that too is not at parity with what Tesla has.

6. Tesla Brand - Huge value just in the Brand. They just need to deliver on what they promise.

7. Other business - I am not a believer in rooftop solar, I think the local carriers have a competitive advantage of tesla in this space. This is a cut throat business, and the barrier to entry is a roofer + electrician with a little bit of capital $100k ish. Tesla needs to get out of this. When we went solar, Tesla could not compete against the local guys in price and service.

Brent

That's the thing with many Tesla owners ... they just know stuff!

I believe in the ARK valuation...$tsla will be $700-$4000 in 5 years. Tsla is like 6 companies in 1.

1. (Battery Business) Making own batteries...they now have multiple gig-factories. And to quote the CEO of VW...each car manufacturer will deliver up to the number of batteries they can get. Only tesla is making their own and with Maxwell they are way ahead. With vertical alignment in the supply chain, Tesla could potentially sell batteries to others at a huge premium. Tesla 50KwH battery would be equivalent to LG Chem 70Kwh in terms of range.

2. Autonomy business, baring the bad news. But remember once VW and others have some sort of self driving, and their drivers crash how bad will the tesla news be? Tesla is competing with Mobileye and nvdia in this space. They could potentially sell their own self drive to others

3. Software business, this is a given. They are doing well here

4. Robo-taxis - competing and beating uber and lyft... cost per mile $.18 vs $2.00 respectively. There are a lot of hard problems with picking people up. They could have drop zones, where the human walks to the exact spot on every street. the last mile of this problem is potentially challenging, but if anyone is able to have a robo taxi fleet it will be Tesla.

5. Insurance Business - Buffet and Munger are in the cross hairs of Elon, you can feel he wants to disrupt their archaic business. He is armed with user driving data, which is a gold mine. No other insurance carrier has this unless they install a special device and that too is not at parity with what Tesla has.

6. Tesla Brand - Huge value just in the Brand. They just need to deliver on what they promise.

7. Other business - I am not a believer in rooftop solar, I think the local carriers have a competitive advantage of tesla in this space. This is a cut throat business, and the barrier to entry is a roofer + electrician with a little bit of capital $100k ish. Tesla needs to get out of this. When we went solar, Tesla could not compete against the local guys in price and service.

Right. Buffett and Munger, talk to the hand!

elonator.png