Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ONLY FOR USERS WITH 98/99 NEW FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 98 moved to 99 on Monday after a poor drive dropped off. I received the beta today.

For those of you who 10.5 (2021.26.8.8) is their first FSD Beta, do I need to opt out of the beta program before I can enable FSD?? When I go to Controls -> Autopilot it still has me in queue and I have the option of Opt-Out or Cancel under FSD. I don't want to screw this up.

I got my new Model Y three weeks ago and 12/1 subscribed for a month of FSD. I immediately got the Beta but my app never showed a safety score. My current firmware is 2021.35.102.1 which seems to be lower than others around here have though I don't know if that is Model Y vs. 3 or S. Do I have the latest version of FSD? If you do the subscription model rather than the purchase outright do you just immediately get it?

For the record, I've been very unimpressed with FSD as both Stop Sign and Traffic Light control and Navigate on Autopilot seem gimmicky and constantly require my intervention. I'm just wondering if I'm on a less advanced version due to the lack of safety score. Thanks!

I have been at 99 for at least 2 weeks and have not done an opt out and back in. Model S with original 2.5 with MCU1. Upgraded to MCU2 and AP 3.0 at the same time when you could first upgrade to MCU2. The car has 2021.36.5.6 for a couple of weeks now and the location of the car is in North Carolina. I have not received any invite email and still waiting for beta FSD. Looking forward to being able to go back and enjoy driving the Tesla.
Still waiting at 99 and no Beta FSD.

I have a 99 for about 1 week and before 98 for about 2 months yet I still never got an invite. Patiently waiting!

I was at 98 for a while (3+ weeks) then moved into the 99 and was there for a while (1 week+) then I realized something. Auto pilot miles will not count even though it shows it on the score, so do more manual driving and after a day or two I got beta. Might want to try that and see if it helps...

I was at 98 for a while (3+ weeks) then moved into the 99 and was there for a while (1 week+) then I realized something. Auto pilot miles will not count even though it shows it on the score, so do more manual driving and after a day or two I got beta. Might want to try that and see if it helps...
Do you have official confirmation that Autopilot miles don’t count or is this a speculative conclusion based on something more anecdotal?

No one will get the beta until the .1 version starts rolling out and makes its way down the ranks. 36.8.9 had some issues, and they are working on a new release to fix the bugs. Once that newer version of FSD gets put out it will filter down through the existing beta members, and then once they/we all have it, it will finally go out to new members, starting with 100s, and down from there.

Reactions: RabidYak
A little slow posting……life gets in the way of even FSD.

Received the FSD beta (10.5) update 12/2 updated over night but didn’t show on the car until some reboots etc. Had a score of 98 for several weeks prior but had increased to 99 a few days before the update. No email or notice from Tesla just the over the air update.

Had been in the que since day one but some poor Safety Score days in the beginning caused some delay in settling in to the 98/99 scoring zone. Used the FSD 95% of the time before update still getting use to the beta. So now maybe 75%.

What I have seen so far……

75% - Promising tech, performs similar to pre beta

15% - right hand turns a little scary but gets the job done safely, little more aggressive than I would be, too many phantom breaking “taps” because of shadows etc. very cautious on left hand turns, strong chance other drivers will think you are on drugs.

8% - beta makes poor choices, poor lane decisions, too much speed for curves, doesn’t proceed when obvious visual cues show the way is clear, jerky steering and braking, will cause other drivers to express their displeasure with your “driving”.

2% - terrifying! car will exit FSD in the middle of a turn or in heavy traffic or hesitate to move when it is unsure. Still learning when to manually turn off FSD to avoid being a problem for those around me.

Ordered “New Driver” signs for the car, don’t know if I should use them?

• Helpful
What I have seen so far……

75% - Promising tech, performs similar to pre beta

15% - right hand turns a little scary but gets the job done safely, little more aggressive than I would be, too many phantom breaking “taps” because of shadows etc. very cautious on left hand turns, strong chance other drivers will think you are on drugs.

8% - beta makes poor choices, poor lane decisions, too much speed for curves, doesn’t proceed when obvious visual cues show the way is clear, jerky steering and braking, will cause other drivers to express their displeasure with your “driving”.

2% - terrifying! car will exit FSD in the middle of a turn or in heavy traffic or hesitate to move when it is unsure. Still learning when to manually turn off FSD to avoid being a problem for those around me.

Ordered “New Driver” signs for the car, don’t know if I should use them?
Your report is about what I'm expecting. I don't have FSD yet, but I wonder how much I will use it once it does get here. I'm very interested in seeing it in action, but I'm also pretty risk averse. I may use it only in situations where there isn't a lot of stress. We'll see.

Your report is about what I'm expecting. I don't have FSD yet, but I wonder how much I will use it once it does get here. I'm very interested in seeing it in action, but I'm also pretty risk averse. I may use it only in situations where there isn't a lot of stress. We'll see.

FSD generally preforms sufficiently well in no to light traffic, at minimum you can give it more leeway for it to do "its thing". It really only gets into trouble when there's a lot of traffic around and when the consequences of poor lane choices and unexpected behavior is exasperated (which it does with pretty high frequency). It's just like getting use to AP, if you use it enough you kinda learn where it gets into trouble and where it needs help and when to anticipate problems with FSD and prepare for sudden interventions.

I typically don't turn on FSD until I'm out of the parking lot and on the road. While using it, if no one is around, I'd let it do its thing for as long as possible. If there's traffic behind me I'll assist the car by giving it gas to let it know to proceed instead of waiting. You don't want to be a jerk on the road and other motorist didn't sign up for an FSD beta program like you did so if the car needs help, help it. If it gets into a situation where it's risky and it's not doing well then I'll disengage and get over the problematic situation manually before re-engaging.

At the end of the day it's a testing program, it's really not even in a state that's a driver aid yet so annoyances and attentiveness to what FSD doing at all times should be expected. If you go into it with that mindset, you'd be alright. If you go in thinking it'll take you from driveway to driveway and just sit there for legal purposes, then the testing program isn't for you.