Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question is did you insure the car at full amount or car cost minus rebate. My insurance company has insists that I need insure full amount. In that case, if total, insurance would pay for you to get another Tesla. That’s regardless of rebate.

Same here my insurance said they would reimburse the full amount if my car is totaled in the next three year since there is no loan involved.

Regardless of rebate, they don’t even care.

My question is did you insure the car at full amount or car cost minus rebate. My insurance company has insists that I need insure full amount. In that case, if total, insurance would pay for you to get another Tesla. That’s regardless of rebate.

It's full amount 51k but the point is I've put 51k into the car already with the expectation that I would get 13k back or I would have never bought the car. Now I'm at ground zero and will have to buy a different car since my budget was 40k. I'm ok because I got the Model 3 with the rebate in November and the timing was impeccable when they called me I was without a car for 2 weeks. The model 3 now replaces the Clarity but I wanted to replace both of my cars with an EV and a plugin hybrid and now I will just keep my ICE Vehicle. Thanks Doug.

Did you replace it with another EV that would have met the requirement for the rebate?

My 3 got crushed in a tornado, so I replaced it with another. If they're gonna withhold the rebate because I was victim to a natural disaster, I'm gonna be pissed.
Was your the Blue Model 3 crushed near Ottawa? Saw picture, same as my car, got a lot of questions from people I know asking if it was mine

Did you replace it with another EV that would have met the requirement for the rebate?

My 3 got crushed in a tornado, so I replaced it with another. If they're gonna withhold the rebate because I was victim to a natural disaster, I'm gonna be pissed.

When did you get your replacement Model 3? Yeah they withheld it from me, chances are they will not qualify your first purchase. Keep me updated . I may have to sue the person who hit me to get anything .

When did you get your replacement Model 3? Yeah they withheld it from me, chances are they will not qualify your first purchase. Keep me updated . I may have to sue the person who hit me to get anything .
Your best bet is to dun your insurance company for the lost value, which included the 14k rebate. Or really, the party responsible for the crash's liability insurance. But you'll have to go to court over that one. And if you accepted an insurance settlement for your claim, you might be SOL anyways.

Your best bet is to dun your insurance company for the lost value, which included the 14k rebate. Or really, the party responsible for the crash's liability insurance. But you'll have to go to court over that one. And if you accepted an insurance settlement for your claim, you might be SOL anyways.
I never signed the insurance settlement paper because I wanted to see how this played out. So I contacted the insurance and sent the email showing I lost the rebate and they said the insurance is only responsible for the replacement of the vehicles purchase price, it does not cover lost rebates.

It's full amount 51k but the point is I've put 51k into the car already with the expectation that I would get 13k back or I would have never bought the car. Now I'm at ground zero and will have to buy a different car since my budget was 40k. I'm ok because I got the Model 3 with the rebate in November and the timing was impeccable when they called me I was without a car for 2 weeks. The model 3 now replaces the Clarity but I wanted to replace both of my cars with an EV and a plugin hybrid and now I will just keep my ICE Vehicle. Thanks Doug.

Sorry , I still did not get it. Are you CANADIAN? How come you only pay 51K for a model 3 which qualifies rebate?

If you read carefully, ALSETJC had a Honda Clarity which costs 51K and had a 13K rebate.

I can understand all the confusion, this is a Tesla forum, and we assume we are talking about Model 3. To be honest, I don't even know all the mode names of those plug-in Hybrid, Hybrid and EV. I know Bolt and Volt, all the others are ICE. lol

Until I google Clarity that I realize it's a plug-in Hybrid.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
I can understand all the confusion, this is a Tesla forum, and we assume we are talking about Model 3. To be honest, I don't even know all the mode names of those plug-in Hybrid, Hybrid and EV. I know Bolt and Volt, all the others are ICE. lol

Until I google Clarity that I realize it's a plug-in Hybrid.

Totally understand, I sort of got sidetracked but my main point was not to get into a write-off situation within your first year.... Be careful lol :)

I'd write a note to the insurance ombudsman in Ontario with that exact quote.

In all our TM3 purchase situations, we all had to shell out the actual purchase price plus HST.

Is your company also not going to cover the 13% HST?

Purchase price included the tax and my added tint etc. They covered everything but that everything is only to buy the car again. What I wanted was 51k replacement +13k rebate. So that would give me 64k to buy the Clarity again at 51k simulating the rebate I should have got back on the original car. My loss in this accident was the cost of the car 51k plus the loss of the rebate 13k.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Just a quick update regarding the rebate. I received a reply from Jackie at MTO yesterday with pretty much the same cookie-cutter response as everyone else: "The Ministry is currently reviewing your application and will contact you if we require further information.". I submitted for the rebate on June 7th.

Just a quick update regarding the rebate. I received a reply from Jackie at MTO yesterday with pretty much the same cookie-cutter response as everyone else: "The Ministry is currently reviewing your application and will contact you if we require further information.". I submitted for the rebate on June 7th.

I also received the same response from Jackie earlier today. My submission is also on June 7. Seems like replying to us is her primary role at this stage. Hopefully they have a few more bodies to process our applications.....

It's probably an automatic response at this point with all forum folks emailing.

Thank you for your inquiry. Your application is currently being reviewed. The Ministry is working as fast as possible and has added additional resources to ensure applications are reviewed and processed correctly and quickly. The Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

Regards,

Jackie

EHVIP Team

same response here....
June 6 delivery
June 7 submission

Thank you for your inquiry. Your application is currently being reviewed. The Ministry is working as fast as possible and has added additional resources to ensure applications are reviewed and processed correctly and quickly. The Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

Regards,

Jackie

EHVIP Team

same response here....
June 6 delivery
June 7 submission
I got the same reply as well from Jackie. It is back to the waiting mode again.