Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

ALSETJC

Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
FYI don't get into an accident(write-off) within one year . They will make you pay it back . They cancelled my rebate when I got into an accident with a Clarity after 4 months of ownership. The insurance will cover you for the car cost but you will lose the rebate. Public service announcement.

Buggle

May 16, 2018
Vaughan
FYI don't get into an accident(write-off) within one year . They will make you pay it back . They cancelled my rebate when I got into an accident with a Clarity after 4 months of ownership. The insurance will cover you for the car cost but you will lose the rebate. Public service announcement.

Damn. That's harsh.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl

TOFLYIN

May 22, 2018
Toronto
OK I think there must be at least one lawyer driving a M3. How about a class action law suit for interest costs and stress of carrying $14K on my line of credit! There must be some paper trail of our idiot Premier telling his underlings to screw Tesla owners since he lost the law suit that Tesla filed against the gov't. (No I am not a conspiracy nut, just a pissed off EV owner!)

richyrich

Apr 13, 2018
Ottawa

Do you mean they cancelled your application because it got written off, or you'd already been paid and they asked for the money back?

• Love
Reactions: ajintor

Psd84

Nov 15, 2018
Brampton Ontario
Congrats everyone who received the email. Still nothing for me however June 4th, starting to worry a bit. Tried to email Jackie for a response after she asked me to send my application to her again, I guessing they lost it.

ben1628

Jul 1, 2018
Brampton, ON, Canada
Do you mean they cancelled your application because it got written off, or you'd already been paid and they asked for the money back?

I think what he mean is if you get into accident where the car is written
Off, u don’t have to return the incentive if it happens after one year.
Even if insurance pay for the full cost.

The rule is you have to hold on to the car for at least a year. If it’s a total loss accident during first year, u don’t hold the car for a year

ZooSean

ZOO
Feb 16, 2018
Markham, Canada
I think what he mean is if you get into accident where the car is written
Off, u don’t have to return the incentive if it happens after one year.
Even if insurance pay for the full cost.

The rule is you have to hold on to the car for at least a year. If it’s a total loss accident during first year, u don’t hold the car for a year

By the time we got the rebate there will be only three months left for the 1st year. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Falcon3 and Falkirk

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC