Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: jjtsl and Blu-Ion
When did you get your replacement Model 3? Yeah they withheld it from me, chances are they will not qualify your first purchase. Keep me updated . I may have to sue the person who hit me to get anything .
I got the replacement mid-November, so no luck on rebating the 2nd one. Good luck with the law suit ;).

I get why they ask you to keep the car for a year. Some may have tried to buy, get the rebate, then sell, and depending on the difference, they might have been able to profit off it.

If the car's written off and replaced with an EV, it's pretty clear you're honoring the spirit of the agreement and the one year ownership rule is just a petty way to invalidate it.

I got the replacement mid-November, so no luck on rebating the 2nd one. Good luck with the law suit ;).

I get why they ask you to keep the car for a year. Some may have tried to buy, get the rebate, then sell, and depending on the difference, they might have been able to profit off it.

If the car's written off and replaced with an EV, it's pretty clear you're honoring the spirit of the agreement and the one year ownership rule is just a petty way to invalidate it.

I think I may have screwed myself by bringing awareness of it to them and they asked me for the police report to validate it was not my fault all to just deny me. Why ask for the police report if it has no bearing on their decision. My opinion, don't say anything and let them figure out you don't have it anymore . Hopefully they miss it and send you the rebate.

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl
Hi,
I just received the following message from Ontario Ombudsman.

"I have been assigned carriage of your complaint regarding the delay in processing your Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Inventive Program (EHVIP) application, and I have reviewed your web submission.

If your rebate cheque remains outstanding, I will initiate inquiries with the government, but require the following information before proceeding:

· Do I have your consent to follow up on your EHVIP application?

· Date of your application

· Name of the applicant

· Make and model of vehicle

If your matter has since been resolved and you have received your cheque, I would appreciate confirmation of this as well."

What do you guys think. Should I go ahead with the complaint or wait some more? Sent application June 7.

Reactions: Vawlkus and Falkirk
Hi,
I just received the following message from Ontario Ombudsman.

"I have been assigned carriage of your complaint regarding the delay in processing your Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Inventive Program (EHVIP) application, and I have reviewed your web submission.

If your rebate cheque remains outstanding, I will initiate inquiries with the government, but require the following information before proceeding:

· Do I have your consent to follow up on your EHVIP application?

· Date of your application

· Name of the applicant

· Make and model of vehicle

If your matter has since been resolved and you have received your cheque, I would appreciate confirmation of this as well."

What do you guys think. Should I go ahead with the complaint or wait some more? Sent application June 7.
I got the same email from the Ombudsman today. I am going to follow up with them.

I think I may have screwed myself by bringing awareness of it to them and they asked me for the police report to validate it was not my fault all to just deny me. Why ask for the police report if it has no bearing on their decision. My opinion, don't say anything and let them figure out you don't have it anymore . Hopefully they miss it and send you the rebate.

I was wondering how they know because all they can go by is your registration. Now I know.