Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Ooooh yeah, I'm ready for this" OR Looks like V9 embargo on Model 3 lifted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ℬête Noire

Jan 30, 2018
TX
IMG_4412.JPG
*Install Now* *Install Now* *Install Now*

I went out to move the 3 around (no, not settled on a name, yet) because I'm prepping the Camry for sale and I got myself a little surprise. :) Hadn't realized they'd started pushing out to Model 3 en mass now, too. Going to be sweet not having to break AP to lane change on the local 5 lane highway, that's really been grating on me.

EDIT: WTF, people use V9 in your titles. I swear I searched to see if this was in the first three pages here. I'm a simple man, don't confuse me with these big words like "Version". :eek::oops: Anyway, pretty juiced about this.

Last edited:
View attachment 342785
*Install Now* *Install Now* *Install Now*

I went out to move the 3 around (no, not settled on a name, yet) because I'm prepping the Camry for sale and I got myself a little surprise. :) Hadn't realized they'd started pushing out to Model 3 en mass now, too. Going to be sweet not having to break AP to lane change on the local 5 lane highway, that's really been grating on me.

EDIT: WTF, people use V9 in your titles. I swear I searched to see if this was in the first three pages here. :eek::oops: Anyway, pretty juiced about this.
I'm jealous. :( Was your Model 3 connected to wifi?

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I'm jealous. :( Was your Model 3 connected to wifi?
I think so. It was outside the garage (working on the Camry last night) but the door was open so it likely had connection.

I had also stopped by the SC mid-afternoon yesterday, getting some tape marks buffed out of the roof. The marks only showed up when it fogs up so hadn't noticed them before. But the update wasn't there yet last night I was at home, moving the car around. I assume if the SC had triggered it it would have finished there?

I'm sorry OP, but your joy is misplaced.
I've read on that paragon of Tesla information called TMC that:
  1. The Model 3 is the step-child of Tesla and will be ignored until the Model S/X owners are taken care of
  2. That the V.9 update has been canceled due to bugs
  3. That it will take months to receive because it always takes months from announcement

And other assorted paranoid drivel and sky is falling, hair pulling melodrama.

Last edited:
I had also stopped by the SC mid-afternoon yesterday, getting some tape marks buffed out of the roof.
Interesting... some people have claimed that the service center WiFi is somehow more likely to push the update but I find this to be... plausible... its entirely possible that when you were on SC wifi it downloaded the entire thing and prepared the package for installation while you were on the way back/after that trip. No way to know for certain.

• Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
I'm sorry OP, but your joy is misplaced.
I've read on that paragon of Tesla information called TMC that:
  1. The Model 3 is the step-child of Tesla and will be ignored until the Model S/X owners are taken care of
  2. That the V.9 update has been canceled due to bugs
  3. That it will take months to receive because it always takes months from announcement

And other assorted paranoid drivel and sky is falling, hair pulling melodrama.
Oh crap, so you're saying when I get up tomorrow I'm going to be greeted by this?
dallas2.png
Because I have a lot of recollections right now of the car lane changing aaaall over the place, including adjusting speed down to line up with the empty spot big enough to get in. In my dream it identified trucks and SUVs and a cement truck as a super-B looking thing, also the next lane over but knew the shared mid-lane of the 5-lane highway wasn't a "real lane" for me.

On top of that I have this startlingly vivid memory of it trying to figure out the extent of my lane on my unmarked neighbourhood roads. I assumed they were too narrow for it to allow me to engage EAP, though? Because they are indeed stupidly narrow (below county standards, somehow still got approved, original developer was shady AF, a felon that served time in FL).
IMG_4414.JPG

EDIT: Uggg, those sausage fingers look hideous in that reflection. Unsure if human. o_O

P.S. I'm still kinda on the fence about the new HVAC controls. Pluses and minuses so far, I'll see how it plays out over a week of use.....once I get the actual V9 download instead of just dreaming it.

Last edited:
They do have a serious UI error *I think*; the on/off button is all-the-way up to the left, far from the button you use to pop up the window meaning turning it off is now quite the reach and a lot of eye motion required
Define "error". ;) It looks like an intentional but very dubious design choice (first impression of it is very poor). Not sure how they would have managed to unintentionally place that far off yet miss the misplacement? I think they were trying to keep the pop-up low on the overall screen while still giving lots of room for the new snazzy airflow graphics (which I'm liking, although I kinda miss the "blue for cold" and hope it's still "red for hot"?)

Reactions: Msjulie