Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Matrix Black console set and installed it in about 1.5 hours. I messed up and tore the edge of the cup holder piece when I didn't cut the excess thoroughly. It's barely noticeable but since we have the benefit of the backup set, I'm going to use it. I left a 5 star review which I've copied below:

Kenriko has done an excellent job with this set. The price is absolutely fantastic compared to competitors.

Positives:
- Video instruction manual was thorough and provided enough key tips to make the installation much easier than just winging it.
- The kit includes pretty much everything you'll need. I would have liked a few of the alcohol wipes since the install will probably take first timers at least an hour and the alcohol wipe dries out quickly, as that's just how alcohol works. If the kit included three total (one for each sheet), it would be ideal.
- The inclusion of the razor makes the final product look very sharp since you cut the excess to size.
- The inclusion of the extra cup holder piece (the most challenging piece) is a welcome extra. I'll have to end up using my extra since I tore an edge piece while trimming.
- Included are two extra pieces for the cell phone trim and above the cell phone door. I wasn't expecting these but they are definitely necessary to complete the look of the console.
- The matrix black material looks really nice and classy.

(Potential) negatives
- While the material is pretty forgiving, you still have to be pretty patient and detail oriented given that you have to trim.
- I think it would be easier to install if the pieces were cut in such a way that they would align to a specific edge that you work directly from. Some pieces are more guesswork on alignment or instructions recommend approximate alignment distances, which can result in some trial and error even on the simpler pieces.
- The bonus small pieces do not have any associated instructions, but to be fair they're very simple.
- While I appreciated the cut to perfect fit, I think others might be frustrated or weary of bringing a razor to do this job.

Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this set, and I'm looking forward to installing other sets as they become available. It definitely helps personalize your Model 3