Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B739A0A0-08CE-4939-807E-FF52231F1B19.jpeg

Vinyl Gigafactory just came online. I’ll turn a profit in 3 Months maybe, 6 Months definitely.

:p

Wow nice machine. I just installed it and will post pictures shortly. Came out great and the video helped out alot. Let us know when you come with more template for the mirrors, door handle, and the window trims. Also on a side note, anyone know how to remove the M3 door handle? I was researching places to do chrome delete and they mention they remove the handle to have a more clean look.

Order placed just now but it says, In stock on June 5, 2018.

Yeah sorry about that, you would never think it from the customer-facing side but Amazon works like molasses in backend inventory stocking (i'm sure with good reason, they do after all sell many, many billions $$ effectively).

Generally, they have the product for a few days before checking it in (Check-in is when it becomes available on the site) then they disperse it as they see fit across their warehouses which takes about a week, then they ship it to the customers. So the whole process takes about 10 days from when a box of inventory is delivered to when they start shipping to customers.

So your kit is sitting on an Amazon warehouse shelf in Dallas Tx, likely to be thrown on a semi truck to a closer Amazon warehouse before they eventually ship it out to you on the 5th.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde and ap105
Yeah sorry about that, you would never think it from the customer-facing side but Amazon works like molasses in backend inventory stocking (i'm sure with good reason, they do after all sell many, many billions $$ effectively).

Generally, they have the product for a few days before checking it in (Check-in is when it becomes available on the site) then they disperse it as they see fit across their warehouses which takes about a week, then they ship it to the customers. So the whole process takes about 10 days from when a box of inventory is delivered to when they start shipping to customers.

So your kit is sitting on an Amazon warehouse shelf in Dallas Tx, likely to be thrown on a semi truck to a closer Amazon warehouse before they eventually ship it out to you on the 5th.

Gotcha! Darn it Amazon lol. Was getting my PPF and tint done Monday and was hoping to have it by then so the installer can do this BUT from reading online and your video it should be a simple DIY project. ...hopefully! lol