Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Kenriko,

Did you Chrome Delete your MCR? Any photos?

Ski

Not yet, I've been testing all of my chrome delete stuff on pieces of wrecked Model 3s I've purchased (makes it easier not to keep running out to the car 100 times to test fit or change) once the kit is in what I consider a finished state I'll start taking photos of it on the car.

@Kenriko - Thanks for creating this amazing kit and tutorials! Any idea when you'll have more of the matte black console kits in stock? Both your site and Amazon are out of stock... :(

Echoing @massapeal. I installed the matte black on my car and now my wife wants the same on hers.

@Kenriko, any idea when we can expect Amazon to have more in stock?
Thanks!

Any day now just waiting on Amazon to check in the inventory.

@Kenriko you mentioned in an earlier post that you had recent samples from your suppliers regarding the "wood grain" -looking vinyl wrap in late July.

any updates? i'd like to hold out for the wood trim, if possible, but the matte black looks tempting :)

edit - i apologize, i double-posted this question in a similar thread but thought it wasn't submitted properly. i was just in the wrong thread.

I've tested different wood grains, however many are too thick to properly wrap the cup holder area and don't match the grain well enough, I've yet to find one that I'm 100% happy with.

What materials are you going to be making available for the Chrome Delete?

Matte Black and Satin Black to start.

@Skione65 still a few minor tweaks but it conforms to the handle so you don’t see chrome. Most of the options currently available are more like stickers that only cover the flat portion and leave the curves exposed.

C7BE6A40-C4DD-4E12-8D6A-0D82580FCB19.jpeg

Just want to say thank you Kenriko for making the excellent console wrap! Put on a matrix black last night in about an hour with your video and it was only slightly difficulty but the material is definitely way more forgiving to multiple pull-ups and re-dos than I would've imagined...have never wrapped a car at all before and I think it turned out pretty dang good! Look forward to seeing your other options.

@Skione65 still a few minor tweaks but it conforms to the handle so you don’t see chrome. Most of the options currently available are more like stickers that only cover the flat portion and leave the curves exposed.

View attachment 342610
Oh man. You are killing it. I thought I couldn't get more excited for the chrome delete. My biggest complaint with the current door handle options is the chrome border that most leave. Is the chrome delete set going to be available through amazon?

On a side note. I put my white console wrap a while back and Im loving it. Keep up the good work

Got the brushed metal wrap from @Kenriko and watched the video twice just to be sure. The cupholder wrap was pretty hard and I think I did an okay job only got a few bubbles.... only because I didn't see them at the angle from the driver side. By the time I was saw them from the passenger side, I was almost done not feeling like fixing them. I think it took like 45 min. After that, I put the 2nd one up.. and that took like 2 minutes... it was so easy comparing to the cupholder piece.

So I thought the 3rd one would be piece of cake... made the tent like video and proceeded to smooth it down. Everything works just like the video... except.. the video angle does not show what to do with the top part. So I have about 1/3" on top extra... when I was doing the bottom edge, I pull the lid up and the top extra went inside and folded. I tried to fix the top but there is no room up there to do anything. Ended up having to cut off the piece free handed and there were 2 bubbles and a torn piece that cannot be fixed (see pic).

At this point I thought this is it. I messed it up. But then I remember the video said it is very hard to mess it up and the material is very forgiving. So I thought screw it.. I pulled the whole thing off and redid it. And I think I ended up pretty good. It is 100% better than the piano black. Thanks Kenriko!

m3_console_wrap_almostdone.JPG
m3_console_wrap_fail.JPG
m3_console_wrap1.JPG

Reactions: Pied
Disregard above (although it may help others). I just ended up tracing the image with my fingernail to paper, taped both sides with packing tape, cut out by hand and transferred to PPF. Fit perfectly.

I would like to PPF the aluminum side view mirror mounts as well. Not sure how to approach that one since I don't want to remove the mirrors and I can't find any template online. The shape of the side view mirror mounts would be a $itch to just wing it and hope for the best, open to suggestions.

View attachment 342610

@Kenriko,

That actually looks very good! Clean. I’ve seen similar that aren’t wraps (don’t remember the vendor) that look just plain awful due to the amount of chrome edges showing. This looks very good. All we need are a good MCR match....man I’ve purchased all the red shades of 3M 1080 as well as Some Viviid and Avery to try and narrow it down and it’s so tough. Keep up the great/professional work! Best to your special ‘helpers’ (wife and daughter)!!!:)

Ski

End of this week or early next week.
Hi Kenriko,

Do you have an estimate of when the brushed metal door trim kit will be in stock again?

(Also, it might be good if you to have a page with estimates for when things will be in stock so we don't keep bugging you with these questions! :) I tried checking kenriko.com but didn't see anything there?)

Thanks!!

I bought a set of center console vinyl covers in the matrix pattern, and installed them, quite liked the look. Today I purchased a used cricut maker for vinyl cutting, and went down to a couple of vinyl dealers, found some fun material, a black pattern called cocoon and four different colors of red. I have also downloaded the patterns for door switch wraps from Kenriko's github spot (Thanks @Kenriko), and tomorrow I thought I would try cutting them out with the cricut. I have already translated the files from PDF to JPEG for the cricut. Any cricut experts have any words of advice for a complete cricut neophyte? Additionally, I watched the installation video, I never did see where he installed the circle with the three line E symbol. Kenriko didn't publish the "what part goes where" pattern sheet with the rest of the Github, but I think I can puzzle out the locations from the video, all but the circle with the E lines.

Next question. Has anyone published patterns for the Tesla symbols sized for the chrome Tesla symbols on the car? There is the front T, the back T, the T on the two side cameras, the T on the four wheels, and the T on the steering wheel. I bought red T symbols for the front and back (red on my black obsidian car, I think it looks nice) from one of the online stores. I now have my own red vinyl material , would like to cut my own with the cricut. rather than buying this kit
https://www.amazon.com/EV-Wraps-Tes...1539836222&sr=8-4&keywords=tesla+decals+vinyl
I want to tinker with my own vinyl, because the red vinyl arch on the front decal keeps popping up.

I also put brushed black decals on my door handles, not the whole wrap, just the flat decals which shows just a bit of chrome around the outside edge. Is that pattern published?
Last question. I may end up peeling off my current "matrix" vinyl off of the console, and replacing it with cocoon, depending how it looks with my tinkering. Anything I should watch out for when removing vinyl off the center console areas? Warm vinyl or cold?