Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Kenriko for your reply. Anyhow, looks like I missed this batch :(

Another Q.... I would like the console wrap to match the chrome delete and I don't see satin-black for the console wrap. Any particular reason? How far apart are Satin Black and Matte Black in looks?

Thanks in advance.

Satin has a semi-gloss where Matte has more of a "clean chalkboard" look.

Anyone cares to help a brother out? EU guy here.

Template is also not available yet. I need the length of the marked part of the trim.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• D162F95B-90DE-4261-9427-59D8BE680DB1.jpeg
    D162F95B-90DE-4261-9427-59D8BE680DB1.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 89
@Kenriko what are your thoughts on teslabro's mirror installation, seems like it requires a lot of separate pieces of vinyl just to not have to take apart the mirror

I'd say it looks very hard to get good results or long-lasting durability with that many pieces. There are a lot of seams and many small pieces that have less contact surface then I would like. That's just my opinion there are certainly tradeoffs when designing a kit and I'm sure they spent a lot of time working on their product, I wish them luck.

To more get to the question: As I count it they use Five pieces to cover the same area we do in Two pieces. That tradeoff was made to not take off the painted mirror cap and outer chrome piece which is in my opinion very easy to do.

Reactions: Deadpool_25
I'd say it looks very hard to get good results or long-lasting durability with that many pieces. There are a lot of seams and many small pieces that have less contact surface then I would like. That's just my opinion there are certainly tradeoffs when designing a kit and I'm sure they spent a lot of time working on their product, I wish them luck.

To more get to the question: As I count it they use Five pieces to cover the same area we do in Two pieces. That tradeoff was made to not take off the painted mirror cap and outer chrome piece which is in my opinion very easy to do.

Thanks for the insight, I agree with you. Im not afraid of pulling off or taking apart stuff and the extra time will likely yield better results

Wrong. But I original got on this thread due to you available pattern. It tho m whatever you want. Glad my post got you to release it. So it seems. Kinda odd.

He did state a week or so ago that an announcement was coming in the upcoming week. Whether or not TeslaBro's launch had anything to do with it, his timing was good since I was about to buy the Teslabro one, but glad I waited a day

He did state a week or so ago that an announcement was coming in the upcoming week. Whether or not TeslaBro's launch had anything to do with it, his timing was good since I was about to buy the Teslabro one, but glad I waited a day

I actually did not even know who they were or that they were going to release a kit. The timing for release was based on our production schedule with our other products, just a coincidence. I wish them luck in their endeavors.

LOL, no doubt. Not to mention Teslabros doesn't even have a chrome delete kit for sale on their site (not linking out of respect for @Kenriko)

First kit doesn't cover the side view mirrors and the second kit (IIRC) requires several pieces to fully wrap them (and therefore several potential failure points). Just wait for the good $hit it will be worth the wait!
I actually did not even know who they were or that they were going to release a kit. The timing for release was based on our production schedule with our other products, just a coincidence. I wish them luck in their endeavors.
Look, I just posted that they had a kit because no one else had one that was that inexpensive. At least that I knew at the time. It was more for people that was waiting. I looked on eBay and they have kits for129. I would have mentioned those if I knew about them first. Just trying to help. EBay even has a kit just for the mirrors. So please save the wise remarks and the rest of it. Oh, Kenriko thanks for the templates. Good look.

• Disagree
Reactions: R1Fast
I just installed my own white carbon fiber console wraps about a week ago! I ordered from EV Wraps on Amazon! It might have taken me an hour...and it looks awesome :)

white carbon fiber console 1.JPG
white carbon fiber console 2.JPG

Attachments

• white carbon fiber console 2.JPG
    white carbon fiber console 2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 38
  • white carbon fiber console 3.JPG
    white carbon fiber console 3.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 36
Look, I just posted that they had a kit because no one else had one that was that inexpensive. At least that I knew at the time. It was more for people that was waiting. I looked on eBay and they have kits for129. I would have mentioned those if I knew about them first. Just trying to help. EBay even has a kit just for the mirrors. So please save the wise remarks and the rest of it. Oh, Kenriko thanks for the templates. Good look.

o_O

There's no 'wisecrack' in my reply in the slightest. Just pointing out the facts. Sorry if you're feelings are hurt but if you're too sensitive to handle banter in these forums, then don't post!

And why are people linking or advertising other vendors anyway? This is a thread started by a vendor in support of HIS products. IMO that's really what is rude.