Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been checking Amazon daily to see what's next after the center console and door-switch kits. Kenriko, what sequence are you thinking of now? Door sills, wood panel, steering wheel in that order?

My blue Model 3 is being Stealth wrapped next week. The installer is going to do the center console, then I'm doing the door switches myself. Looking forward to continuing with the remaining kits!

FYI, I just checked your Patreon page (Tesla Model 3 Vinyl Wrap Fund! is creating FREE vector template files for the Tesla Model 3 | Patreon). Looks like there's nothing there.

I've been checking Amazon daily to see what's next after the center console and door-switch kits. Kenriko, what sequence are you thinking of now? Door sills, wood panel, steering wheel in that order?

My blue Model 3 is being Stealth wrapped next week. The installer is going to do the center console, then I'm doing the door switches myself. Looking forward to continuing with the remaining kits!

FYI, I just checked your Patreon page (Tesla Model 3 Vinyl Wrap Fund! is creating FREE vector template files for the Tesla Model 3 | Patreon). Looks like there's nothing there.

The current plan is - Door Sills, Dash, Exterior Door Handles, Steering Wheel, Full Chrome Delete. In that order.

The Patreon is supposed to be spread across everyone who contributes to the templates and was setup by AMIYY4YOU for that purpose.

I'd never be able to invest the kind of time I have into these templates / kits on Patreon alone, it's a second full-time job for me. (First is as a Software Engineer @ Sillicon Valley startups) So this is far from the first company I've launched.

I was looking at the kit for the door trim on Amazon, but it doesn't look like it hides the emergency release seam. Are there any plans to make a cut that is seamless for the door trim? I'm not even sure how well it would look or hold up.

I think hiding that seam would go a long way in preventing passengers from accidentally using the emergency release.

Reactions: S3XY
I was looking at the kit for the door trim on Amazon, but it doesn't look like it hides the emergency release seam. Are there any plans to make a cut that is seamless for the door trim? I'm not even sure how well it would look or hold up.

I think hiding that seam would go a long way in preventing passengers from accidentally using the emergency release.

I tried it, It looks like *sugar* and does not hold up well - the first person to accidentally pull it ruins the wrap. I'll need to install one with that cut and take a photo since people ask me about it, but I really don't think it's a good idea.

Matte White will be available the end of next week on Amazon. Now it’ll be possible to recreate the white console from the Model 3 reveal car.

6B25D2AC-E313-4EF1-A373-D48717C06A44.jpeg