Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The most common reasons for it to lift:

1) The backing got contaminated during install (oils from the skin, dust, dirt etc..)
2) The wrap was over stretched in a localized area. (when heated the material will try to contract back to original form and pull it up)
3) There was existing residue on the surface (oils, cleaners etc)

Makes sense. Any way to resolve this without having to use a new sheet? My fingers were starting to feel more slippery the more frustrated I got :(

Anybody is USA land interested in doing a Canadian a favour? Amazon doesn’t ship this up to Canada (Vancouver Island) and I’m pretty set on this product being the best of what’s on offer. Anybody willing to let me ship it to them and then turn around and mail it up to me here in BC? I’d obviously pay for the mail up to Canada. Or, another idea on how to get this up here?

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Anybody is USA land interested in doing a Canadian a favour? Amazon doesn’t ship this up to Canada (Vancouver Island) and I’m pretty set on this product being the best of what’s on offer. Anybody willing to let me ship it to them and then turn around and mail it up to me here in BC? I’d obviously pay for the mail up to Canada. Or, another idea on how to get this up here?
Sure

There are freight forwarders that will perform this service for around ~$25. A USPS box to Canada also costs me around $25 (won't always come in good condition through customs if not boxed) Unless I'm importing in bulk directly to Amazon it's not very cost efficient for the customers. Good news is I'm looking into getting a new machine that should allow me to produce enough to ship to Canada. 3 Weeks Maybe 6 Weeks Definitely. (I hope)

I'm curious if there's a way to fix the current installation without needing to order a new set and reapply. It's not a lot of material that's lifting, just little bits around the edge.

PM me your Amazon order number and I'll get you squared away.

Last edited:

If you're in Victoria, I recommend Seawings Express International - Bonded Carrier