Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The OVMS module has it's own built-in webserver so the first thing I would do is go to the car...go into your wifi settings and see if the OVMS network is available...if so connect to this wifi network...open your browser and go to 192.168.4.1 to see if the login web page is available and if so login using your credentials. From there you can check to see if your wifi and/or cellular connection is active...quite often that may be the case...the OVMS isn't communicating on a network to talk to the main server.

I've found OVMS is most stable on a wifi connection to my home network...the cellular connection quite often stops and I have to power it back on to get it communicating while I'm away from home.

Just a few tips to save having to cycle power.

Reactions: markwj
For some reason, my OVMS has stopped responding to most shell commands. My OVMS returns an: "Unrecognised command" response to DIAG? GPS? GPRS? MODULE? SERVER? and VERSION?. My OVMS does substantively respond to the STAT and the TPMS commands. My OVMS is running Firmware: 3.3.003/ota_1/eap (build idf v3.3.4-848-g1ff5e24b1 Sep 1 2022 08:40:30) with Hardware: OVMS WIFI BLE BT cores=2 rev=ESP32/1; MODEM SIM5360. I have tried re-booting OVMS.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong are most appreciated. Thanks!

The commands you list are old v2 format. For v3 it is just ‘stat’ without the ‘?’.

You can send a single ‘?’ to get a list of commands.
Thanks so much! It is only rarely that I have tried "commands" and then only recently for the TPMS functions, relying instead on the OVMS app for most functions. The changes from v2 to v3 went completely by me! Mark, I really appreciate your quick reply.

Reactions: markwj
Push notifications stopped working on my new Android phone and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. (Android 14) They were working but stopped after I had a charging glitch.
I've tried everything....the notifications are working locallly at the OVMS car module and I can see the messages being sent to OVMS server V2 but nothing seems to come into my phone.

I have a ticket into Mark but as I recall....last time this happened Dexter updated the App so maybe I'm being a little impatient here.

Also...does anyone know how to get email push notifications? I suspect you have to be good at Linux to make this happen but curious to know if there's a simple way.