Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been reading and searching and reading; and I'm stuck on this ACC feature.

At one point, I thought I read that it was only available on 2.x Roadsters, but I can't find any reference to confirm or deny that limitation. Should ACC work on a 1.5?

I know ACC requires Tesla Roadster specific firmware, but how do I know if I have that installed already? My OVMS reports the version as 2.6.5/TR/V2, but it will not respond to any ACC commands.

ACC also works on 1.5 roadsters.

You need the tesla roadster specific firmware for ACC support. The stock firmware from the factory (that supports all cars) doesn't have it.

That's the same version as I am using, and ACC is working great on my 1.5 Roadster.

ACC also works on 1.5 roadsters.

You need the tesla roadster specific firmware for ACC support. The stock firmware from the factory (that supports all cars) doesn't have it.
Can either of you guys tell me what "VERSION?" returns on your modules? I figured the TR meant it was the Roadster-specific firmware, but I guess I'll be buying a PICkit2.

Can either of you guys tell me what "VERSION?" returns on your modules? I figured the TR meant it was the Roadster-specific firmware, but I guess I'll be buying a PICkit2.

The version is the version of firmware, but not the build type. For ACC you need the Tesla Roadster specific firmware.

The TR in the version is the vehicle type you selected when you configured the module.

Try sending "ACC DIAG". If you don't get a response, that means the firmware you have doesn't have ACC built in.

The version is the version of firmware, but not the build type. For ACC you need the Tesla Roadster specific firmware.

The TR in the version is the vehicle type you selected when you configured the module.

Try sending "ACC DIAG". If you don't get a response, that means the firmware you have doesn't have ACC built in.
Thanks, Mark. Looks like I need to update the firmware, so I ordered the PICkit2 last night.

The PICkit2 arrived today and I got the firmware updated without any trouble. The car is accepting ACC commands now, so I'll have fun testing the HOMELINK, CHARGEBY, and COOLDOWN commands this weekend.

One questions about ACC; if I need to put the car in "storage" mode for a few weeks, do I need to disable ACC? I'm guessing the CHARGEBY would override storage mode if I punch it in on the vds.

OVMS alerts going to wrong device

[This is probably iPhone specific, I'm not an experienced iPhone user and only have one for OVMS... sorry for the noob-like question]

When I first installed the OVMS module I quickly added the app to two iPhones and two iPads. But my personal iPhone does not get any of the notifications/alerts from the AT&T GoPhone account. My understanding is that these alerts (e.g. "Low balance") are sent to the OVMS module as text messages and redirected to the app as alerts by the OVMS server. On my iPhone I have selected notifications to be on and displayed, but they still go to one or all of the other devices, never my iPhone. Is there a way in OVMS or iOS to select which devices receive these alerts?

Thanks
Ian

P.S. If an moderator wants to move this to a new thread please do. I think maybe we need an OVMS sub-forum...

[This is probably iPhone specific, I'm not an experienced iPhone user and only have one for OVMS... sorry for the noob-like question]

When I first installed the OVMS module I quickly added the app to two iPhones and two iPads. But my personal iPhone does not get any of the notifications/alerts from the AT&T GoPhone account. My understanding is that these alerts (e.g. "Low balance") are sent to the OVMS module as text messages and redirected to the app as alerts by the OVMS server. On my iPhone I have selected notifications to be on and displayed, but they still go to one or all of the other devices, never my iPhone. Is there a way in OVMS or iOS to select which devices receive these alerts?

Thanks
Ian

P.S. If an moderator wants to move this to a new thread please do. I think maybe we need an OVMS sub-forum...

We've had some reports of push notification issues with some versions of iOS 7.x (and probably combinations of upgrade sequences). We are working on an App update to address these.

The notifications themselves can be sent via SMS or APNS (Apple Push Notification Service), depending on what you have set on the module. Also, the phone notification centre controls what is filtered.

With AT&T shutting down 2G data by the end of 2016 (and sooner in some markets) I wonder if there is a 3G upgrade in the works?

Reference: http://cd2migration.att.com/

Yes, we are looking at various option. We'll have something ready in time.

I will be surprised if AT&T actually go ahead with the shutdown in 2016, as there are a hell of a lot of M2M applications running on 2G.

Sorry, I may just be dense, but I don't seem to be able to connect since 9/10.

It seems that everything should have switched over by itself, but the OVMS is blinking 5 green and 9 red. I disconnected it and when it restarted it ended up in the same state.

Thoughts?

Sorry, I may just be dense, but I don't seem to be able to connect since 9/10.

It seems that everything should have switched over by itself, but the OVMS is blinking 5 green and 9 red. I disconnected it and when it restarted it ended up in the same state.

Thoughts?

OK...in a large coincidence, the $ I had left with AT&T expired the day after the server change.

I just called them and added $10 (to get $30) and will be ordering either a GeoSIM or some other alternative sometime in the next 90 days.

I am back online.

The server address change was performed automatically for me, but now the OVMS app on the iPhone is showing a white bar at the top and bottom of the screen so the text and icons are white-on-white except for a bit of shading. Was there an intentional change in the app's behavior? I've rebooted my iPhone just in case, but that did not help.