Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitoring System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's that? I don't see anything on the screens that appears to be related to "a timer-delayed charge".

If you set a timer-delayed (rather than on-plugin) charge in the car, the new iOS App will show it as "Timed Charge" and animate the charging port correctly for that status.

In such a case, you can start the charge immediately (override the timer delay) by sliding the charge switch to the right.

Regards, Mark

P.S. In a future version, we also plan to allow you to switch between on-plugin and timer charge, and set the charge time. But, that requires changes to the firmware in the car module.

Did you get people collaborating on the Volt/Ampera version or do you still need help there?

Can you hop on the ovmsdev mailing list (http://lists.teslaclub.hk/mailman/listinfo/ovmsdev. Too much is happening in eMail exchanges, so I'm trying to move all development discussions there.

Michael, the developer in Germany starting this, has his car and we're trying to get the first few messages decoded as a proof-of-concept. So far, it looks like VIN, SOC, GPS location and speed are already decoded and should be relatively easy to implement. Quite frankly, SOC, GPS and speed are the big ones, but charging status will need some work.

If you set a timer-delayed (rather than on-plugin) charge in the car, the new iOS App will show it as "Timed Charge" and animate the charging port correctly for that status.

In such a case, you can start the charge immediately (override the timer delay) by sliding the charge switch to the right.

Regards, Mark

P.S. In a future version, we also plan to allow you to switch between on-plugin and timer charge, and set the charge time. But, that requires changes to the firmware in the car module.

Ok, sorry, I had thought maybe you had a way to cause charging to start a requested delay after plugin instead of meaning the start at a requested time. I had mentally combined the post below with the feature above and had thought maybe there was a new type of offset delayed charging. I often keep odd enough hours that I'd have to set the start time fairly late to get the several hours of drying you were looking for.

Sorry to hear. Do let us know what Tesla find and repair. Bets are on that little orange 400V converter in the front.

Since this happened to me twice, I've changed to using delayed timer charge. The car comes home wet and hot, and gets plugged in immediately, but I don't charge until several hours later. No problems for six months now, but it has been winter - as it start to get hot and humid again, we'll have to see if delayed charging works around it.

Can you hop on the ovmsdev mailing list (http://lists.teslaclub.hk/mailman/listinfo/ovmsdev. Too much is happening in eMail exchanges, so I'm trying to move all development discussions there.

Michael, the developer in Germany starting this, has his car and we're trying to get the first few messages decoded as a proof-of-concept. So far, it looks like VIN, SOC, GPS location and speed are already decoded and should be relatively easy to implement. Quite frankly, SOC, GPS and speed are the big ones, but charging status will need some work.

These guys have decoded most or all of the Volt's CAN traffic. They reduced the number of PIDs their DashDAQ product displays however. Rumor is that GM requested they not display all of the transaxle's internal parameters.

Drew Technologies : Home

GSP

These guys have decoded most or all of the Volt's CAN traffic. They reduced the number of PIDs their DashDAQ product displays however. Rumor is that GM requested they not display all of the transaxle's internal parameters.

Drew Technologies : Home

GSP

Yep, I saw the threads talking about it. What they're showing seems geared towards the 'instantaneous in-car display' though. We're more interested in state of charge and charging parameters.

The best 'open' reference I've found is
EV Tools

Pretty cool work, and a good start.

Model S was made for Brits! ;)

This is in the Model S software; miles/km's and C/F can be selected independently:

IMG_0468.jpg

Regards, Mark

I tried setting charge time for midnight on the VDS and later started charging using the OVMS to start charging immediately and it worked fine, but sometime later (after charging would have completed) when I opened the OVMS app I noticed that the charge cable connector didn't show up. No one had touched the car/cable in between. I verified on the VDS that charging had completed fine and that the car still was setup for charging at midnight. Is this the expected behavior? I haven't tried testing it again to see if it is repeatable. I don't expect to use this functionality much/any, but I figured it was worth asking about since others may.