Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opening up the Supercharger Network to non-Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh hey, look at this... (Tesla's "Find Us" page)

None actually on the map yet, of course.

View attachment 734283
There are 10 on the map in the Netherlands:

1637589158361.png

View attachment 735952

I’ve never wished ill on Elon or Tesla but I hope the Dutch experiment fails

I've seen several pictures with non-Teslas blocking multiple stalls when Supercharging. ☹️ It's not going to be great for the Supercharger network if allowing 1 non-Tesla to charge blocks 2 or 3 Teslas from charging.
The Supercharger network is one of the most oft quoted things when people are asked why they chose Tesla. Please Mr Musk, don’t take that away from us

View attachment 735952

D'oh! Yes, of course! I even knew that, just didn't expand the search beyond the US. (In my defense, I only saw it while looking up my local service center, so I was already going in with tunnel vision.)

You speak pretty confidently. Please show us a picture of a Model S or X with a CCS charge port.

Model S and X in Europe (any everywhere else in the world) are not equipped with a CCS port and require the Tesla to CCS2 adapter to charge from V3 Superchargers and third party DC fast chargers. Many V2 Superchargers have been retrofitted with dual cables - one Tesla and one CCS.

So yes, there is precedent for an adapter. Elon specifically mentioned an adapter for the US market on last night's Q2 earnings call.

My question is about charging cable lengths and how Tesla will handle EVs that have charge ports on the front fender (Mach-E and everything GM) or on the right rear fender (ID.4). I suspect that in addition to a simple adapter, Tesla will make an adapter with a long cable that will enable these cars to plug in, similar to the CHAdeMO adapter that EVgo is installing on a bunch of their own stations.
What are you wittering on about? 2 minutes on the www would prove mk677 correct.