Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Operating dual-zone climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

Congrats to all the new owners here!

My wife and I just took delivery this afternoon of our MY LR White on Black with 20” induction wheels. This is our first EV, and therefore, our first Tesla! Fit and finish all look great, but I plan to do a closer inspection during the day, tomorrow.

Quick question: doesn’t the MY come with dual zone climate? I thought it did, however, our display only shows one temperature setting for the climate control system. See pictures below.

The manual mentions dual zone climate and how to activate “Sync” etc., but for some reason, I can’t see that particular option, or a way to set temps separately. What am I doing wrong?

image.jpg
image.jpg

You are not doing anything wrong. Somehow that function of dual climate is not working, just like there is no Wheel Configuration function.

I suspect that these will be made available in future software update - since these functions are in other Teslas, at least on my 2018 Model 3 and 2019 Model X.

We shall see....

In the Model 3 you have to adjust the temperature to make the “Sync” button appear. It should show up right next to where the temperature slider dial is once you adjust it up or down. Click that and the temp control separates in two.

Do you have someone sitting in the passenger seat when you are trying to make the change? (The manual mentions that the passenger controls, and vents, will be turned off when it detects that the passenger seat is empty.)

Or it could be a matter of them not having the software finished for the split HVAC controls in the new heat pump system that the Model Y has.

I'm guessing there is no dual climate feature in the Model Y, due to the change from resistant heating in Model 3 to heat pump in Model Y. I'm guessing engineers decided trade off was worth it and people would get over dual climate like they got over alcantara headliner...

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all the new owners here!

My wife and I just took delivery this afternoon of our MY LR White on Black with 20” induction wheels. This is our first EV, and therefore, our first Tesla! Fit and finish all look great, but I plan to do a closer inspection during the day, tomorrow.

Quick question: doesn’t the MY come with dual zone climate? I thought it did, however, our display only shows one temperature setting for the climate control system. See pictures below.

The manual mentions dual zone climate and how to activate “Sync” etc., but for some reason, I can’t see that particular option, or a way to set temps separately. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 525757
View attachment 525758
I thought the manual says its activated only when the person is sitting on the seat. Were the both front seats occupied? Try that with both seats occupied and the option should appear.

I'm guessing there is no dual climate feature in the Model Y, due to the change from resistant heating in Model 3 to heat pump in Model Y. I'm guessing engineers decided trade off was worth it and people would get over dual climate like they got over alcantara headliner...

Sounds like a software issue to me. The same mechanics for dual zone with the a/c works for a heat pump. Maybe someone can look to see if the Model Y has the appropriate ducting (and blend doors) for this.

An easy first test... Can you adjust the air flow to shut off the passenger side?

Do you have someone sitting in the passenger seat when you are trying to make the change? (The manual mentions that the passenger controls, and vents, will be turned off when it detects that the passenger seat is empty.)

Or it could be a matter of them not having the software finished for the split HVAC controls in the new heat pump system that the Model Y has.

Tried that with driver and front passenger, no dice.

Yep, no luck with two passengers seated in the front seats.

You are not doing anything wrong. Somehow that function of dual climate is not working, just like there is no Wheel Configuration function.

I suspect that these will be made available in future software update - since these functions are in other Teslas, at least on my 2018 Model 3 and 2019 Model X.

We shall see....

I don't understand Tesla. If you put something in the manual and then don't deliver it. Why would you not put out a notice to early owners. Crickets. Dual Climate control is kind of standard.

I got my call from Tesla that they have a MY ready for me. I ordered end of Feb. Clearly they backlog and orders are drying up fast. I am not in a rush to get one. Not with C19, early build issues and not delivering features they put in a manual.

Tesla reminds me of Apple in 1983 when they had no competition for PCs. Arrogant, High Priced. Poor Customer Service.

• Disagree
Reactions: jsmay311 and X Fan
In the Model 3 you have to adjust the temperature to make the “Sync” button appear. It should show up right next to where the temperature slider dial is once you adjust it up or down. Click that and the temp control separates in two.

@Madmax_VA have you tried this? It should look like in the attached screenshot where you can split the temp controls.

Attachments

• 89119F9A-60E9-4D0E-9AB2-15CB633C79D2.jpeg
    89119F9A-60E9-4D0E-9AB2-15CB633C79D2.jpeg
    720.6 KB · Views: 1,117
These kinds of things are normal with Tesla. The software will have a few missing things. However once they workout the kinks and it comes in-lines with the rest of the fleet. It will have it. Ex: when we got our M3P+ it had the same software as our LRM3 however I was missing a lot of feature. It was a week or 2 then I got a software update that brought me update with the others. It will take some time but it will happen