Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinion on different options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current 2016 builds have the following that the 2013s do not:
1) AP safety features (whether or not you get AP). For example, I miss the sensors and speed limit info that my 2016 provides.
2) center console.
3) updated front fascia
4) rear cup holders
5) better interior fit and finish
6) the 2016 S60 actually has a 75kwh battery. So you can charge to 100% without worrying about battery damage.

Obviously the 2013 would have a lower price (and also a larger "frunk" in non-D builds).

Reactions: mrtian97
The drive train would still be under warranted, wouldn't it? (8 years, unlimited miles, or have I dismembered that?)

True for the Powertrain (battery, inverter, motor, gearbox, cables), but there are plenty of other things that could be expensive to repair outside of the 4-year 50,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Chargers, touch screens, door handles, etc.

I recommend buying an additional 4 years coverage from Tesla. It costs $4,000 and is only purchaceable by the original owner, but is transferred to subsequent owners.

GSP

between 2013 and 2016, what are the major differences?

If I get one next yr, I maybe getting 2014 instead, is the 2014 better than 2013, or same?

I am flip floping between used and new.

Thanks
Major differences are the tech updates , AP etc......and what doubleohwhat said.
I have a loaner right now. It is an original marked as a 2012 with 20,300 miles and a great car! I have been driving it since Friday. I get my 2016 back today :)
Tesla has improved the fit/finish and some subtle improvements over the years but the original is still a great car. I wouldn't mind having this one at all, with a warranty of course