Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Option codes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being new to the Tesla brand, I have many question. One question is on the build sheet under Options (decoded) it shows:

AF02
APF1 Auto pilot Firmware 2.0 enhanced excludes APF0, APF2
APH3
APPB Enhanced Autopilot (followed by long narrative)

Question is; What is APH3?

This is a 2019 S.

Thanks

APH3 = Autopilot hardware 2.5.

So you get a better autopilot computer, and slightly better radar, cameras and power steering. Plus an electronic main fuse (e-fuse). Basically a step up from AP2.0 in terms of hardware. Been produced since approx. August 2017.

The new HW3 will be designated «APH4» as option code

Last edited:
I have a similar question, I've just ordered a new MS and looking at my option codes there's one I can't find any information on which is CH09. I imagine its something to do with the charger looking at others beginning with CH?
Yes it's a new (probably 2019 or late 2018) option code under the "CHARGER" umbrella. For example, CH04 is 72 amp, CH01 is 80 amp - dual.

Can CH09 mean CCS port for Model S/X in Europe (to align with Model 3 CCS) and that mean that we have a new facelifted back-end on those cars that has been rumored for some while?? Because the CCS charge port does not fit in the existing housing in the back of Model S/X so it needs to be bigger.

This might also be something that will improve charging speed on the Model S/X to handle SuC v3?

Exciting! :D

Just to revive this, but have seen a post from a swedish forum suggesting some cars ordered recently will be coming with updated drive train and suspension.

Option codes of SU03 and DU03 are appearing on some cars ordered late March. Purchasers earlier in march on the same pricing have cars with SU01 and DU01. There are going to be some lucky folk who get the new hardware at the quarter end prices.

Just to revive this, but have seen a post from a swedish forum suggesting some cars ordered recently will be coming with updated drive train and suspension.

Option codes of SU03 and DU03 are appearing on some cars ordered late March. Purchasers earlier in march on the same pricing have cars with SU01 and DU01. There are going to be some lucky folk who get the new hardware at the quarter end prices.

Now I wonder what option codes I have on my Model S ordered 24/03 :) - Is it possible to see somehow in the tesla account?

Being new to the Tesla brand, I have many question. One question is on the build sheet under Options (decoded) it shows:

AF02
APF1 Auto pilot Firmware 2.0 enhanced excludes APF0, APF2
APH3
APPB Enhanced Autopilot (followed by long narrative)

Question is; What is APH3?

This is a 2019 S.

Thanks

Hi, im so sorry to ask that, but how may i do this, because to me doesn't work. I dont have the VIN yet, just the RN. Thanks.