Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to swap to the 10% off MYLR in white with the hitch for $45,890 today, easy process. Stoked to get the car I really wanted at the 10% off price. There was a white MYP with hitch for $49K, but I resisted as the LR is the better car for our uses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck305
I took delivery on a MY Ultra Red and White Interior MSRP 51,990 after price adjustments 47,870 with $7,500 Fed takes the cost to 40,370 and 10K credits and 5K super charge miles. I took the 10K credits and spent 9500 on the acceleration boost. I am now picking up another MY+P for 43,850 after incentives plus 10K and 5K super charger miles. So WTF, a +P for only 3,500 extra... if your in the market and don't mind the mileage hit its a no brainer. My wifey is happy and so am I. It was either an X with both shared or two Y's
The price difference between a MY and MYP shouldn't be a surprise. That is how much the MSRPs differ.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 8.42.47 AM.png

I was thinking to forgo a hitch and install my own; especially since I want a class III hitch, but the discounts have me rethinking this. I assume the hitch includes the 4-way trailer harness and it's connected to a light controller somewhere?

Can I order and make the deposit payment at say, 11pm on Sunday night to lock in that price, or are there time cutoffs where orders roll over to the next day and pricing?

I was thinking to forgo a hitch and install my own; especially since I want a class III hitch, but the discounts have me rethinking this. I assume the hitch includes the 4-way trailer harness and it's connected to a light controller somewhere?

Can I order and make the deposit payment at say, 11pm on Sunday night to lock in that price, or are there time cutoffs where orders roll over to the next day and pricing?
can lock in price but not delivery date incentives

Last edited:
Reactions: redpoint5
got a VM from SA saying Seven Seat Interior would be "Free" if I took inventory VIN.

Does he just mean inventory price vs custom or more discount after like color?
That is in addition to the other discounts, I think you can make a deal today Friday (no trade) for delivery tomorrow or Sunday, if you get them on the phone, you may wait 45 mins, yesterday I had a gray, with black interior and Tesla updated inventory, and there was a gray with white interior, I knew it was a free upgrade and I wanted white so I figured I would take the hit for the $250 order fee but they just transferred VINs on the same reservation number, not sure if this is normal practice, but I did not have to pay another order fee.

got a VM from SA saying Seven Seat Interior would be "Free" if I took inventory VIN.

Does he just mean inventory price vs custom or more discount after like color?

How did you get that, call?

Are there better deals to be had by talking to someone rather than accepting the price as listed in the inventory page?

I'd take a free 7-seat upgrade and close the deal this weekend.

I test drove a MYP today at the local Tesla showroom. I spoke to two different Tesla reps and asked them to explain the loyalty reward incentives for existing Tesla owners. The first rep said I get three months of free FSD and one year of premium connectivity. The second rep said the first rep was wrong and I get 10,000 points. Both of them agreed I get the free paint or interior upgrade.

Can someone confirm which answer is correct?

How did you get that, call?

Are there better deals to be had by talking to someone rather than accepting the price as listed in the inventory page?

I'd take a free 7-seat upgrade and close the deal this weekend.
I would check online inventory at your local Tesla distro center to see if they have them, if you don't see the discount check back the site is changing every 15 mins literally as I am watching certain Performance models and seeing the prices change when I refresh, some newly listed could be cancelations and they have not updated discounts cuz I see some at full price here in the Houston area and 15 mins later they are price adjusted. I see an identical one to mine $350 cheaper. I'm due for delivery tomorrow, ill screen shot and discuss with the delivery center before hitting the accept delivery button. Because it is late in the game calling just may work but the lines are jammed.

So interestingly, I placed an order and got a trade in offer of $22900 for my existing Model 3 Performance. Had already clicked accept but then I got a text saying that my trade in value had increased and if I took delivery before 3/31 I could get the new value? But when I called Tesla they sounded clueless and said the trade in team would have to get back to me tomorrow. Honestly would love if the trade in wasn’t so pitiful. I think they probably were only supposed to send this text to people who hadn’t yet ordered and they screwed up and sent it to me too. But now that they texted me that offer I feel like they should honor it.

Anybody else get this kind of text tonight?

So interestingly, I placed an order and got a trade in offer of $22900 for my existing Model 3 Performance. Had already clicked accept but then I got a text saying that my trade in value had increased and if I took delivery before 3/31 I could get the new value? But when I called Tesla they sounded clueless and said the trade in team would have to get back to me tomorrow. Honestly would love if the trade in wasn’t so pitiful. I think they probably were only supposed to send this text to people who hadn’t yet ordered and they screwed up and sent it to me too. But now that they texted me that offer I feel like they should honor it.

Anybody else get this kind of text tonight?
When you get to delivery, the trade in personnel have some leeway in the trade up to 1500.00 beyond that its a lot of calls and you probably will not be able to do that this Saturday or Sunday , they desperately want to sell as much as they can in the next 2 days, the incentive for trades expired Thursday, 5000 credits or SC miles forgot which. So yes the text is real. You don't mention your year but I am assuming it is a 2022 or 21. My suggestion be polite, tell them you are really excited but this kind of bums you out and your having second thoughts, and you think you made a mistake, tell them I would be really happy and if you could get 1500 more. The worst they could say is no, but I bet if you handle it tactfully you will get at least a grand more. Good luck

I think I see another problem with trying to get the $2,500 EV rebate for my state beginning April 3rd. The rules state that the vehicle must have an MSRP less than $50k. Well, I wanted the 7-seater with tow hitch, which has an MSRP above $50k. My interpretation is that even if I pay less than $50k, I don't get the rebate because the MSRP is above $50k.

If I want the rebate, the highest optioned car I could get is the LR with tow hitch and a "free" color. At that point, I'd rather just get the cheapest RWD I could find with tow hitch, but alas, none in inventory. Looks like I'll probably be looking for deals next month, and hopefully there are some to be had.

Reactions: vickh
Can someone please answer this question if I put in an order tonight but I can’t take delivery until probably next weekend. Would I still lock in the price for tonight on a performance y that I see today?

Can someone please answer this question if I put in an order tonight but I can’t take delivery until probably next weekend. Would I still lock in the price for tonight on a performance y that I see today?
Generally they should honor the price of the car itself but any extra incentives (supercharger miles, color discounts for existing owners, cybertruck reservation discount, stuff like that) which require taking delivery in March will likely not carry over.