Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What incentives? 5000 miles of charging doesn't get me excited (how do they measure a mile of charge, anyhow?). I don't own a Tesla or have a deposit on a CT, so nothing there for me. The only incentive I have is the price, which I assume locks in when you place a deposit, but I'm not sure.

Oregon's subsidy is $2,500, but it often runs out of funding and gets put on "pause".

Ahh understood. I thought you qualified for some such as the Free Color Upgrade, CT Incentive, etc... Then yes it seems your thought process is correct, price will be locked upon deposit.

Reactions: redpoint5
Yes, I got the red color upgrade. Tesla will take the cost of the upgrade off your car price after you place the order. The price reduction is on whichever color upgrade is more expensive so, yeah, cost of black would be taken off.
Did you have a white interior? I was told if you get the white interior $1k option and a $2k black or red paint, they’ll only give it to you for the lesser of the two upgrades

Did you have a white interior? I was told if you get the white interior $1k option and a $2k black or red paint, they’ll only give it to you for the lesser of the two upgrades
That's true. The terms of the offer are free interior or exterior color upgrade, whichever is LESS. So you get $2k off red/black, but only $1k off red/white.

Which is kinda stupid, but...

I locked in a gray LR with hitch for 9% off. I scheduled delivery for end of day Saturday, so if any major deals pop up I should have time to change units.

Mine should work out as follows:
$49,990 MSRP + Dest $1,300
$4500 discount 9%
$1k Cybertruck discount
$7500 Fed Tax Credit
$3500 MA EV credit

$38,211 out the door with all taxes and fees.

Reactions: Taney71
I locked in a gray LR with hitch for 9% off. I scheduled delivery for end of day Saturday, so if any major deals pop up I should have time to change units.

$4500 discount 9%
$1k Cybertruck discount
$7500 Fed Tax Credit
$3500 MA EV credit

Wish my state had some sort of EV tax incentive but I live in Michigan where even the progressive Democrats are a-shats and in bed with big oil and the car companies.

Now the deals are starting to flow
$40,700 (excludes destination) for a performance y (blue) after color discount and tax credit.
If I can get black for that price by Saturday I’m doing it.
agreed. Had a res this morning on a black/white for 7-8% ….then found a 10% vin this afternoon for same black/white….so I’m a happy camper at 14% off after the $1k CT and $1k interior credits

Last edited:

$4500 discount 9%
$1k Cybertruck discount
$7500 Fed Tax Credit
$3500 MA EV credit

Now I’m being tormented by a white MYP for 10% off. I really like the white but I really don’t need the P. The price difference is $2350 😵‍💫

Reactions: SagarPatel
Get the MYP! Then you have #noFomo
I texted the Tesla folks about changing it, they must’ve been gone for the day already as they didn’t reply. For what I plan on using the car for the MYP isn’t the right call, but after seeing a MYP in white when I test drove last week I can’t get it out of my head. Maybe I’ll get lucky and the white LR will drop in price tomorrow morning, or someone will but that 10% MYP before the Tesla people get back to me.

I took delivery on a MY Ultra Red and White Interior MSRP 51,990 after price adjustments 47,870 with $7,500 Fed takes the cost to 40,370 and 10K credits and 5K super charge miles. I took the 10K credits and spent 9500 on the acceleration boost. I am now picking up another MY+P for 43,850 after incentives plus 10K and 5K super charger miles. So WTF, a +P for only 3,500 extra... if your in the market and don't mind the mileage hit its a no brainer. My wifey is happy and so am I. It was either an X with both shared or two Y's

That's my configuration. So excited! I love the new red color.
Congrats! The Ultra Red is simply stunning especially when it's hit with direct sunlight. Looks sexy and sporty at the same time. I got a glass fiber interior trim set to bring that sexy & sporty theme in the cabin. So far, I installed the center console and steering wheel pieces and wow. Going to do the doors and dash tomorrow and will take pics to share the finished look. The pictures on Amazon don't do it justice, in person especially when it's hit by sunlight it looks amazing.

In my area, Grey with a white interior at 43,990 is the cheapest, close....

Debating which color would hide swirls better.
Pearl White will hide light scratches, swirls, chips, etc. When sunlight hits the paint, it reflects so much light it's blindingly bright.
We picked up our Model Y Dual Motor yesterday, Ultra Red, 20" Induction wheels
$52,990 MSRP + Dest $1,300
$5300 discount 10%
$2k color discount
$1k Cybertruck discount
$7500 Fed Tax Credit
$500 NY EV credit
$38,000 Killer Deal
Plus we got 5K free supercharging miles and 10K pts which we immediately redeemed for Acceleration Boost
Wow! That truly is a killer deal :D
I texted the Tesla folks about changing it, they must’ve been gone for the day already as they didn’t reply. For what I plan on using the car for the MYP isn’t the right call, but after seeing a MYP in white when I test drove last week I can’t get it out of my head. Maybe I’ll get lucky and the white LR will drop in price tomorrow morning, or someone will but that 10% MYP before the Tesla people get back to me.

I was in your shoes almost a week ago. It's a tough choice. The LR is capable of beating a Nissan 370Z in 0-60 so it's sports car quick. At $44K it's $4K less than a P at $48K making it easily the best value on an EV right now especially if you get the Federal EV Tax Credit and any additional incentives. I went with the P and haven't second guessed my decision to spend more. Either is a great choice. If you get the 10K points when you purchase the vehicle you might be able to buy the LR Performance upgrade with it.

Reactions: vickh
Now I’m being tormented by a white MYP for 10% off. I really like the white but I really don’t need the P. The price difference is $2350 😵‍💫
The hitch option bumps the price quite a bit on the MYLR: nearly $1k.

The best deal I have found on a MYLR is $36,590 with the $7500 tax credit. The best deal I have found on a MYP is $39,740 with the tax credit. So the difference between the two is $3150 for me. $2350 would be more tempting. But I am not sure if I am very fond of the small side walls and lost of range just to have the P. Also, I am not sure if the P would hold its value better long term.

I don’t have any state EV incentives like you, but I have the Cybertruck discount and I live in a state with no sales tax. So $35,590 is pretty crazy OTD on a vehicle that stickers for $49,990. I am skeptical that the MY refresh next year will be tax eligible given battery restraints, so I think we are getting a killer deal. I know Tesla likes to undercut the market to move product, but I think people are hedged pretty good against vast depreciation at these kind of price points.

Someone hit the 10% off button this morning, several cars I was interested in all dropped. I’m going to go after a white LR as soon as they open. I should’ve waited a little longer since I only jumped in mid day yesterday, but I was concerned about not making the end of month delivery deadline.