Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to find a red or white YLR with the 20 inch wheels at $40k or lower. Have only seen a White demo venture into the 39s so far. Any hope or the $41,250 I'm seeing likely to be the best before end of Q1?
No inside knowledge whatsoever but per my observation (at LA) the red inventory went pretty quickly, so Tesla raised the price after the first day of price cuts. IMO unlikely to drop again unless they feel the need to clean up its red inventory. For white, it never had the same discounts as other colors in Q1.

Reactions: KromiX
No inside knowledge whatsoever but per my observation (at LA) the red inventory went pretty quickly, so Tesla raised the price after the first day of price cuts. IMO unlikely to drop again unless they feel the need to clean up its red inventory. For white, it never had the same discounts as other colors in Q1.
Really hard to justify the $2k difference for a paint color. I'm too practical for that...wife not so much.

I've stared at a gray P for a few days. Would be about same price as the LR in white or red around me. Pretty afraid of damaging the wheels/tires on the P though.
I’m weighing the cost of replacing the 21” wheels with something else as part of the equation. Probably wouldn’t be calling TSportline for $3200 18” wheel and tire package, but a set of Gemini takeoffs for $1500 would be fine. The LR is probably the better buy for me (comes with hitch, higher ride height, cushier ride) but I know I’ll want AB at some point.

My wife just declared that she would rather just keep the 2021 Tacoma rather than buying anything new. The Tacoma is paid off, the offer from Carmax is very close to what we would pay for the LR. I’d like to burn solar credits rather than pay for gasoline and we have another truck for truck stuff. We don’t have an efficient travel car that’s easy to park in the city for sprints to Boston.

Editing to add: I just checked insurance quotes, the LR is $1129 per year, the P is $1298 per year. With the same coverage the 2021 Tacoma is $1014.

Last edited:
Pulled my trigger tonight for a red LR with 9% off. I am a current owner and ordered via app but did not see the color upgrade reduction on the order agreement. Anyone had the experience whether it would be reduced at the end, just not showing on the app order agreement?
Your Sales Associate has to fill out some form to get it applied, post-reservation.

Pulled my trigger tonight for a red LR with 9% off. I am a current owner and ordered via app but did not see the color upgrade reduction on the order agreement. Anyone had the experience whether it would be reduced at the end, just not showing on the app order agreement?
Just message in the app under that reservation number and they will add it

There was a white 5-seat LR with black interior and geminis in inventory for 9% off in Colorado Springs last night. Lowest white car I’ve seen by at least $2,000.
I haven’t seen over 7% on a white car.

Need opinion. Do you go with the stealth grey with 20’s for 10% off or the 19’s and tow hitch for 7% off. $45,890 and $46,490 respectively.
I wouldn’t want the 20’s, so for me the 19” wheels and tow hitch win. That car is 8-9% off in my area today. If you want the 20’s and don’t need the hitch then it sounds like a good deal. I would expect to see more than 7% off on the 19” and hitch as the month closes, but I don’t know your specific market.

I’m still vacillating between LR with 19’s and tow hitch at 9% for $45,560 or P without hitch at 8% for $48,290. Either will get $11K in state and federal incentives and $1K CT reservation discount. I want the hitch for a bike rack or cargo rack, but it could tow my 3000# boat too. Adding the hitch is $1300 after the fact. Swapping to a 18” or 19” and selling the Uberheavies could still cost me $1500+ out of pocket. Smart me says get the LR, regular me says get the P. Seems like if I ever plan on the acceleration boost I should just buy the P now for the minimal price difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skavatar and ucmndd
I wouldn’t want the 20’s, so for me the 19” wheels and tow hitch win. That car is 8-9% off in my area today. If you want the 20’s and don’t need the hitch then it sounds like a good deal. I would expect to see more than 7% off on the 19” and hitch as the month closes, but I don’t know your specific market.
Yea, that’s the thing. I don’t particularly want the 20’s and don’t have a need for the tow hitch. However those are the 2 cheapest YLR in my area right now. And I have to pay more for less.

Yea, that’s the thing. I don’t particularly want the 20’s and don’t have a need for the tow hitch. However those are the 2 cheapest YLR in my area right now. And I have to pay more for less.
I would take the 10% car with 20’s and try to find someone to swap straight across for 19’s, or just keep the 20’s. Living with the square setup 20” shouldn’t be that different that 19” and you might have better choices in replacement tires when needed. There are 10 options for electric vehicle tuned tires in 255/40R20 compared to 3 in 255/45R19. Prices look comparable.

Reactions: Skavatar
You can go with the 19s and add the Rimetrix covers for the "20's" look. Here's my 8% off SG Austin built MYLR I bought on Thursday. She's still without a name... having trouble thinking of one.

Pic of my car with them, attachments not working.
Agreed. I would always go with the 19s and just get a good cover. There are decent ones on Amazon and other places for cheaper than Rimetrix. I have one on my Model 3 that has worked well.

I opted fo
Agreed. I would always go with the 19s and just get a good cover. There are decent ones on Amazon and other places for cheaper than Rimetrix. I have one on my Model 3 that has worked well.
I opted for the Rimetrix Laminar on our 2023 Model Y LR. Mostly for the style but also because they took aero into account when most others don't seem to. Since we road trip ours quite a bit this was higher on the list of considerations for this car. Less so on my P100D for instance where I've got 20's and don't much care about aero but aesthetics are more important. Our experience is that the claims of aero on the Rimetrix Laminars being similar to stock is pretty credible. I'd probably just move them to our 2024 if Tesla just lowers the price just a little... Bit... More.

Reactions: Taney71