Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order deposit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, This may have already been asked but I am unable to find an answer on here. I have decided to cancel my MYLR order due to the lack of USS. Tesla have informed me they are unable to return my deposit as ‘the USS were not offered since April 2022’. I have no way of checking if this is true and wondered if you clever lot can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Reactions: Gezz
if its a private order i,e. not a company then you should be able to get a refund under the UK distance selling regulations. Most people have found if you call them up and quote that then they cave.
For the record I collected mine in September and it has USS

I was sure they still had that graphic showing the USS cones more recently than that as I'm sure I saw it and I only started looking around September last year. They never specifically mentioned having USS that I recall and also had inserted '(if equipped)' after 'sensors' in the user manual before the announcement of their removal I think. So maybe not much you can use.

I thought they advertised park assist, but maybe it was only in the manual? But in the manual it is still a described feature with no indication it doesn't exist on cars delivered now. The description of operation still clearly describes the USS parking features even though they inserted the 'if equipped' after mentions of the sensors. So that is misleading, but not really advertising as its just the manual.

If you ordered EAP maybe easier as the main advertising still advertises auto park and summon which don't exist on cars without USS so that's arguably false advertising.

You could also try pointing out some customers were informed the spec had changed during their wait period (could find evidence here of the message) and offered a chance to cancel with a refund, so why aren't you? But depends when you ordered.

By the way I cancelled a new order and that was one reason, and bought a used 22 model, and I could have tried all that myself but just couldn't be arsed with the hassle, so they kept my money. So I'm not much help, lol!

I am trying to get my deposit back. I had been in correspondence with [email protected] about my order (and its cancellation due to no USS) but he did not reply to my request for return of deposit. I then wrote to
Tesla Head Office UK
109 Devonshire Road
London, W4 2AN
but, again, no reply.

Please could somebody tell me the phone number they have used to get their deposits back from Tesla.

I am trying to get my deposit back. I had been in correspondence with [email protected] about my order (and its cancellation due to no USS) but he did not reply to my request for return of deposit. I then wrote to
Tesla Head Office UK
109 Devonshire Road
London, W4 2AN
but, again, no reply.

Please could somebody tell me the phone number they have used to get their deposits back from Tesla.
Try this number +44 1628 450660

I got my refund after quoting the distance selling rule Inspite of whatever they tell. Placed a new Oder later to take advantage of lower cost.