Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order for MR changed last night from White to Silver Metallic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for a white M3MR on 10/19, and woke up to a surprise. I got an email confirmation that my order has been updated to Silver Metallic.

As silver metallic is now a rare color, I'm not sure I want to change the order. But I am curious as to who / how the change was prompted, and if it will affect the delivery date.

Are you sure it isn't Midnight Silver Metallic?

I think Musk fired the webmaster/barnacle and is doing the website updates himself. (How well would you explain the 3P+ pricing *sugar* show?)

But he himself knows what colors the paint shop is doing these days. :p

UPDATE: I txted my DA, but he never responded - so I wound up calling the customer service number. The rep stated that the email confirmation was sent in error, and a number of customers received it. She said to disregard the notification and that Silver Metallic was not available. However, the Tesla website is still showing that I have a silver M3 on order....

At least yours was just paint. I got shafted and they changed mine to a P3D. Very unhappy about it. Still trying to correct it. This was 1.5 week after my order. I configured on the 19th and probably lost my place in line. Whatever line or logic they have behind it. I dont really think. They have a logic. Just keep pumping them out whatever that may be and assign owners to them.