Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be some thought that what happens next may be somewhat dependent on whether you went on hold before or after you'd received a VIN. FWIW, I had not received a VIN when I put it on hold.
What are the phases from ordering to delivery and where can you request a hold?

I just ordered a MYP on 1/1 with EDd feb22 to March 22, but honestly don’t need the car until may. And if Delaying will allow me to get the new batteries, that would be great

What are the phases from ordering to delivery and where can you request a hold?

I just ordered a MYP on 1/1 with EDd feb22 to March 22, but honestly don’t need the car until may. And if Delaying will allow me to get the new batteries, that would be great
You can request a hold at any time through your SA or [email protected]. Between now and delivery you can watch your EDD fluctuate wildly and eventually narrow until you are assigned a VIN. The only challenge holding out until May could be the Q1 delivery push. Based on the 2021 EOY communications, Tesla may give some pushback for a hold going into Q2.

OD: 6 Nov, MYP Grey 5-seat no tow
BBB Hold: Mid Nov (3 Jan)
Hold Removed: 20 Dec
Vin assigned: 20 Dec
Delivery: 21-25 Dec
Vin released, rehold: 20 Dec (3 Jan)
Hold auto-removed 30 Dec
30 Dec - 2 Jan: TBD EDD
3 Jan: EDD 5 March - 31 March
7 Jan: EDD 28 Jan - 25 Feb

OD: 6 Nov, MYP Grey 5-seat no tow
BBB Hold: Mid Nov (3 Jan)
Hold Removed: 20 Dec
Vin assigned: 20 Dec
Delivery: 21-25 Dec
Vin released, rehold: 20 Dec (3 Jan)
Hold auto-removed 30 Dec
30 Dec - 2 Jan: TBD EDD
3 Jan: EDD 5 March - 31 March
7 Jan: EDD 28 Jan - 25 Feb
Thanks for the update!

OD: July 19 21, MYLR Blue/White, 5 Seat, 19", no tow
Vin Assigned: Oct 16
Hold: Oct 16 ( Dec 31) Didnt know about BBB yet.
Auto Hold-removed: Dec 25-27
EDD: TBD
Rehold: Dec 29 (no date)

No email cancelation from tesla yet. Still waiting for that email.

Thanks for the update!

OD: July 19 21, MYLR Blue/White, 5 Seat, 19", no tow
Vin Assigned: Oct 16
Hold: Oct 16 ( Dec 31) Didnt know about BBB yet.
Auto Hold-removed: Dec 25-27
EDD: TBD
Rehold: Dec 29 (no date)

No email cancelation from tesla yet. Still waiting for that email.
wo, living on the edge! I read that sometimes Tesla cancels people without the cancellation email.

Reactions: BTVev and rishid
Order Date: Sept 8th, 2021, MYLR MSM/Black, FSD, 5 Seater, 20", No Tow
(Requested 6 month hold (Mar 2022) prior to ordering - due to being deployed overseas until that time. Placed order while chatting with rep who noted the account and said it would be no problem to delay delivery until Mar 2022 (since the Est Delivery was Jan 2022 for new orders at the time) the moment I had the RN)
VIN Assigned: Dec 1st, 2021
Hold: Dec 1st, 2021 (until Feb 1st, 2022)
EDD: Unknown until hold removed.

I am thinking to allow the Feb 1st, 2022 hold to automatically be removed, with the hope that I will be included in the EOQ push to delivery orders. My registration was complete in mid-Sept (and apparently you go back in to the queue based on the date the registration was complete - not back to the end of the queue when the hold is removed).

I would have loved to receive that car in December when the VIN was assigned, but I am not back in the states until March 2022. This is why I requested the 6 month delay prior to ordering, and they said it would not be a problem at all.

This is a good thread for people that are removing the hold, to let others know how long it is taking to receive a VIN once the hold is removed.

What are the specs of your order?

When did you remove the hold?
MYP Black / White no tow or FSD.
I actually got a VIN back on Dec 12 however I had a Plaid delivery set for Dec 22 so I put the Y on Hold. Hold was released Dec 30 and then got an EDD of Mar 4-31 initially on Jan 2 and then as of today shortened to Jan 27-Feb 24

MYP Black / White no tow or FSD.
I actually got a VIN back on Dec 12 however I had a Plaid delivery set for Dec 22 so I put the Y on Hold. Hold was released Dec 30 and then got an EDD of Mar 4-31 initially on Jan 2 and then as of today shortened to Jan 27-Feb 24
Giga Texas reason for the date moved up???
I guess next week we should see some definitive answers.

Excellent thread!

Original order July 24th
Rejected delivery Nov 8th
Placed on hold until 1/1/22

Tried to get creative and took it off hold on Dec 23rd, got VIN in a couple of hours and delivery Dec 28th so had to place back on hold.

HOLD got taken off automatically sometime before the 31st

Right now its says estimated delivery January 21 - February 16