Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order last night. Received VIN next morning. Delivery July 12???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I should have waiting to configure in June... I wouldn’t have waited months for a Vin... oh wait! I’m still waiting...! :(

And yes, I’ll take some cheese with my wine!
Wow, that's pretty bad. You configured two months before me and aren't that far away. Have you tried calling the 888 number? My ISA has been pretty responsive to both emails and phone calls. What is your configuration?

Wow, that's pretty bad. You configured two months before me and aren't that far away. Have you tried calling the 888 number? My ISA has been pretty responsive to both emails and phone calls. What is your configuration?
I have called twice and the last time was Monday and they said I’ll get something soon to which I stated that was less than a week from their commitment to get me the car in June.... I’m ok getting the car in July. It’s just the principle of the whole non communication . If they had told me July then I would not be so crazy wondering why I don’t have any emails, calls, Vin etc... :) and my config is in my signature. If your viewing from your phone turn it landscape and you’ll see more info.

I have called twice and the last time was Monday and they said I’ll get something soon to which I stated that was less than a week from their commitment to get me the car in June.... I’m ok getting the car in July. It’s just the principle of the whole non communication . If they had told me July then I would not be so crazy wondering why I don’t have any emails, calls, Vin etc... :) and my config is in my signature. If your viewing from your phone turn it landscape and you’ll see more info.
There’s been a lot of conjecture they were storing up cars to deliver in July in order to preserve the full tax credit another quarter. If that is true, it has possibility to save Tesla buyers almost $500 million (assuming steady deliveries of 5,000 US Teslas of all models per week over the next year). So those of you who waited a long time for early July deliveries are heros in the scheme of things. There’s your cheese!

So those of you who waited a long time for early July deliveries are heros in the scheme of things. There’s your cheese!
At the end of the day it’s more about the lack of communication than anything. If they told me I would have the car in July (at any time) I would have been fine but they only told me that they committed to delivering the car in June so that is my beef. Some folks who got the July delay delivery email were surprised to get their car in June:

At the end of the day it’s more about the lack of communication than anything. If they told me I would have the car in July (at any time) I would have been fine but they only told me that they committed to delivering the car in June so that is my beef. Some folks who got the July delay delivery email were surprised to get their car in June:
Some deliveries today but not many:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Deliveries Today

Some deliveries today but not many:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Deliveries Today
Just got off of the phone with Tesla... no vin no delivery yet but they will have someonecall me on Monday... :rolleyes: the guy was really nice and even though I waited 38 minutes on hold and was frustrated... I was nice and let him know I’m concerend as to why nothing has happened and that I just WAnt My Car!! ...

Just got off of the phone with Tesla... no vin no delivery yet but they will have someonecall me on Monday... :rolleyes: the guy was really nice and even though I waited 38 minutes on hold and was frustrated... I was nice and let him know I’m concerend as to why nothing has happened and that I just WAnt My Car!! ...
Hey that's good some kind of progress I hope. Keep us posted. If they gonna contact you on Monday then I would assume they can't get message to ISA sooner or they are not working this weekend? Who knows.

Hey that's good some kind of progress I hope. Keep us posted. If they gonna contact you on Monday then I would assume they can't get message to ISA sooner or they are not working this weekend? Who knows.
They said they have a limited weekend staff. The guy just fielded my call and was very patient and understanding. And I appreciated that he was escalating my call to have someone call me. I’ll provide a report once I hear back... funny thing is that he said so many people are calling asking to get the 200,000th car! I got a kick out of that... cheers!