Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I got my VIN assigned this morning as well. No delivery date yet but trying to get all my loan documents set now. Not going to play the postpone and gamble game, needed a new car anyway.
Well done and congrats! Soon enough (January 1) this thread title will change to Why is Tesla so slow in getting my car already so upset they let me down!

The problem with Tesla is that they do not have a firmed policy on this matter. They said order will be automatically canceled if the order keep on hold after Dec 2nd or the order has been placed on hold again. But many people went through that and are still keeping the orders. It makes people feel that this is kind of gambling or luck-dependence. Again, bad communication on Tesla side, which creates unfairness.

The problem with Tesla is that they do not have a firmed policy on this matter. They said order will be automatically canceled if the order keep on hold after Dec 2nd or the order has been placed on hold again. But many people went through that and are still keeping the orders. It makes people feel that this is kind of gambling or luck-dependence. Again, bad communication on Tesla side, which creates unfairness.
The whole thing was likely at attempt to make sure none of the vehicles produced in the quarter go unsold at the end of the quarter. Once they rustle up enough folks under the threat of order cancellation, they probably don’t care if the rest of the long time hold crowd manages to delay until next quarter. Of course longer term they would probably not like to see really old orders with substantially lower than current prices be a drag on their books.

Reactions: EddX
You will get that screen soon.
Tesla will call you if you don't accept, and the car is heading your delivery center.
This is when I called and ask to hold my order until January.
Did you/ they put it back on hold?
I went into showroom and the guy checked and said there's a high likelihood of the order getting cancelled automatically if it's put on hold again..
I have vin assigned but edd was March and now it kept on saying 12/2-12/9... But still no firm edd.
Did get a text asking to update insurance info..

I went into showroom and the guy checked and said there's a high likelihood of the order getting cancelled automatically if it's put on hold again..
I have vin assigned but edd was March and now it kept on saying 12/2-12/9... But still no firm edd.
Yes, until January 5th. I talked to delivery place rep, not the showroom people.

That VIN assigned to you means the car is going to head to your delivery location. Soon you'll have a solid delivery date.

When I asked, they also mentioned that the cancelation is controlled by Tesla Cooperate but not local store. I think there should be someone from cooperate is watching and washing the old orders. Just do not know when and what is the criteria they are going to execute the cancelation.

Reactions: ak.ak123
The whole thing was likely at attempt to make sure none of the vehicles produced in the quarter go unsold at the end of the quarter. Once they rustle up enough folks under the threat of order cancellation, they probably don’t care if the rest of the long time hold crowd manages to delay until next quarter. Of course longer term they would probably not like to see really old orders with substantially lower than current prices be a drag on their books.
My kid's town basketball/baseball leagues apply the same tactics (threat of cancelling the season) to try and get enough volunteer parent coaches for the season and it usually works just as effectively 😄

I got a VIN assigned tonight. I had an EDD of 1/8 - 2/5 and when I called Tesla they said there were notes on my account to not match before January. I am going to reach out to my SA tomorrow and see what we can do. Super frustrating to potentially miss out on this credit being weeks away.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I got a VIN assigned tonight. I had an EDD of 1/8 - 2/5 and when I called Tesla they said there were notes on my account to not match before January. I am going to reach out to my SA tomorrow and see what we can do. Super frustrating to potentially miss out on this credit being weeks away.
Good luck, I have heard horror stories that orders have been cancelled after contacting a service advisor.

Personally I wouldn't risk it as it could potentially turn out worse if they do actually cancel your order and you have to re-order... I think the price would be similar?

You may have said this but what is your build config?
In their signature.