Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NO CHANCE
The Legacy manufacturers can't make EV's in any quantity yet, so making it retroactive would only help their competition - Tesla.
Who do you think wrote that legislation anyway?
will Help GE as well, right? It is already passed by Senate Finance Committee, and now is heading to Senate again. Will Senate more prefer "retroactive"?,

1638671507605.png

And

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
will Help GE as well, right? It is already passed by Senate Finance Committee, and now is heading to Senate again. Will Senate more prefer "retroactive"?,

View attachment 740744
And
Much as I'd like to see it retroactive, by the time the Senate and House do their horse-trading over the BBB Legislation, nothing will be the same.
Don't forget that making it retroactive adds significantly to the cost (not that the Congress actually believes cost matters when it's time for elections).
Odds remain ZERO in my book.
Remind me....how does any of this help GE ??? GE don't make batteries, and while they make wind turbine and various other generators, those ain't on the menu)

Much as I'd like to see it retroactive, by the time the Senate and House do their horse-trading over the BBB Legislation, nothing will be the same.
Don't forget that making it retroactive adds significantly to the cost (not that the Congress actually believes cost matters when it's time for elections).
Odds remain ZERO in my book.
Remind me....how does any of this help GE ??? GE don't make batteries, and while they make wind turbine and various other generators, those ain't on the menu)
make sense. Odds should be low. I Just...wish it could be retroactive...
Oh GE is the typo, Lol. I actually mean GM, whose EV is not eligible currently.

I didn't get that email as my hold expired on 12/1. My order is from the end of June and they already told me this would be my last hold. My EDD has moved to the last two weeks of December and I'll be out of town for one of the weeks. I was going to wait until they reached out to explain my holiday vacation. My EDD already moved back 5 days yesterday.
Did you get this screen and did you accept?

1638690759085.png

I think someone said it already. If you have a common config (hardware, not FSd) that a Tesla center has a line of a dozen (or more) people who are waiting, I’m sure that center wouldn’t have a problem doing a little local switch. However, if your configuration is not common and the delivery center doesn’t have anyone with your specific configuration waiting they will make you take it or punish you by canceling your order. They have to deliver this Q and at the same time stop system gaming.

make sense. Odds should be low. I Just...wish it could be retroactive...
Oh GE is the typo, Lol. I actually mean GM, whose EV is not eligible currently.

GM needs to get out of their Bolt recall first. They've stopped production and have an in-progress battery recall. Retroactive credits would barely help any Bolt owner because there are so few of them and a bunch were bought back anyhow.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Anyone knows what "the date vehicle was placed in service" means in the below 8939 form using for Tax credit? Is it definitely the delivery date?

ISR says "Date placed in service is generally the date you first start using your vehicle"
What If I have Tesla delivery it to my home in December but I will only start using my vehicle after January. then Will January be counted as "the date vehicle was placed in service".

Anyone knows what "the date vehicle was placed in service" means in the below 8939 form using for Tax credit? Is it definitely the delivery date?

ISR says "Date placed in service is generally the date you first start using your vehicle"
What If I have Tesla delivery it to my home in December but I will only start using my vehicle after January. then Will January be counted as "the date vehicle was placed in service".
Unfortunately there is no way that will work. While I don't know the legal definition of "date vehicle was placed in service", there is no way it will just be a customer's word that they for real didn't use their purchased car for several weeks. In other discussions here and on other threads, the consensus has been that it is the day you sign the documents and take ownership of the car.

I had a June order on hold until January. I pulled it off hold on Friday and got assigned a VIN the same day. I’m taking delivery this week.
Interesting. I think your and other folks similar experiences does lend credence to the notion that the EDD push backs a lot of other customers are seeing are likely due to Tesla prioritizing matching vehicles on old orders like yours.

Unfortunately there is no way that will work. While I don't know the legal definition of "date vehicle was placed in service", there is no way it will just be a customer's word that they for real didn't use their purchased car for several weeks. In other discussions here and on other threads, the consensus has been that it is the day you sign the documents and take ownership of the car.
I guess so... Lol. Thx.