Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to delivery in under 2 weeks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tough to say for sure, we don't have enough data to really know. I ordered on the 5th for a Midnight Silver with 18s (+EAP, FSD) for Fremont delivery and haven't heard a peep yet. Will be interesting to see when I end up taking delivery. Hopefully soon since my current car is being sold on Thursday and the forecasted rain isn't gonna be fun on the motorcycle ;)

Same here, my configuration exactly. Maybe at the end on January, I'll see/hear something.

My invite was 1/4, did the order on 1/13 and was told today the car should be ready next Thurs/Friday - if I need to delay, they would give "my" car to someone else so it does indicate some speculative building on Tesla's part.
Unlike the build of my S, I doubt they are building a car with my name attached. I'm getting white color with 19 inch wheels and I imagine my current order is competing with at least a hundred other buyers to be next.

Smart move by Tesla to keep things simple and makes me wonder how quickly they will open up the new configurator options. The current, pricey build must be giving a much needed boost to the bottom line and the lack of variety allows them a chance to dial in quality. The latter factor is especially important since they seem to have abandoned the concept of starting in CA and gradually moving East. Cars are everywhere.