Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to PTO Submission Timeline (36 Days) - San Jose, CA - PG&E

masudsp

May 21, 2021
Brentwood
After 3 weeks of PG&E signed agreement, still waiting for Tesla to submit form B (79-1151B-02). Was able to connect to my project advisor last week after several attempts and she said the work load is too high and you might have to wait 3-4 weeks more. Seriously? for a 3 page document. Anyway, nothing else I can do. Just wait and watch.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
After 3 weeks of PG&E signed agreement, still waiting for Tesla to submit form B (79-1151B-02). Was able to connect to my project advisor last week after several attempts and she said the work load is too high and you might have to wait 3-4 weeks more. Seriously? for a 3 page document. Anyway, nothing else I can do. Just wait and watch.
I got my stuff done between my installer and PGE to PTO in days, if not hours. Now, I did pay more, .......

infa

Apr 16, 2021
Arizona
My inspection passed on 4/25 and I'm still waiting for Tesla to submit the interconnection agreement with PGE. Every week I do a call and the only answer I get is that they are heavily backlogged and it should get done in another week or so.

tconvert

Mar 21, 2021
SF Bay Area
I got a call 2 weeks ago that mine would be submitted within 2 weeks (2 weeks will be monday, today thursday). Nothing submitted yet. My inspection and full payment was in early April. I do wonder now about all this working from home and loss of productivity as likely being a major culprit.

Shinta2018

May 18, 2021
Texas
I called and talked to a project advisor. They told me there was a 2 month delay from passing inspection to them submitting for PTO (not including the time it will take for utility to approve once it is submitted). So I am expecting 3 months from after passing inspection hopefully.

brian.c

Apr 7, 2021
Rocklin, ca
4 months after first submission. Install/inspection was around Christmas.

BTW Tesla just told me yesterday I could now turn it on. :)

FYI, for anyone who knows the PTO application was sent in, contact your energy provider directly to check status. My neighbor got the okay directly from PG&E, but Tesla still shows it not approved yet. He was approved about 2 weeks ago, and as of a couple days ago, Tesla still showed as not approved. I have also seen other reports of this on the forum.

Notadog

Jan 26, 2021
SF Bay Area
San Jose is a dream to get a permit. Its online, and you get it without any review.

Glad to hear your install was so quick and easy, and passed final inspection without too much trouble.
If you are getting permits without any review, would you run the risk of getting your build rejected at inspection despite having approved permits?

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
FYI, for anyone who knows the PTO application was sent in, contact your energy provider directly to check status. My neighbor got the okay directly from PG&E, but Tesla still shows it not approved yet. He was approved about 2 weeks ago, and as of a couple days ago, Tesla still showed as not approved. I have also seen other reports of this on the forum.
My experience here, Note that I was contacted by PG&E on the approval date.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC