Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 60D without Air Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 60D last Saturday without the Air Suspension. I assume I was able to do this because I had the vehicle config saved in MyTesla while SAS was still an option and not required. Just wondering if this will delay my delivery at all?

I ordered a 60D last Saturday without the Air Suspension. I assume I was able to do this because I had the vehicle config saved in MyTesla while SAS was still an option and not required. Just wondering if this will delay my delivery at all?
Need a few more details. Did you order 5 seats? If so, then definitely delayed until end of year at earliest according to other long waiting 5-seat orders.

Recently upgraded from Coils to SAS for my 75D 7 seat and now scheduled for production this month. According to my DS no cars with coils are currently scheduled for production and his best estimate was December/early 2017 delivery for coils.

Recently upgraded from Coils to SAS for my 75D 7 seat and now scheduled for production this month. According to my DS no cars with coils are currently scheduled for production and his best estimate was December/early 2017 delivery for coils.
Looks like your VIN was assigned with coils. Did they give you the half price SAS and no change fee offer they gave us back in May? If not and they did not contact you back then, I would ask for it now.

Looks like your VIN was assigned with coils. Did they give you the half price SAS and no change fee offer they gave us back in May? If not and they did not contact you back then, I would ask for it now.
Yes, $1250 and no change fee. I didn't upgrade when they called, but it became clear I would never get the car unless I upgraded.

This is my concern as well. I ordered the 6 seats but I fear that it will be next year before I take delivery if I stay with SAS. I would probably just elect to take the SAS if I could get it for $1250 and get the car earlier. Additionally, I also wasn't able to use the referral bonus since that required a "new" configuration and any new configuration requires the SAS by default. So ideally I would modify the current order to include SAS at the reduced fee and be able to apply a referral bonus for another $1000. But I presume I am going to need to talk to someone to make that happen.

I just called DS to see if I can get a deal on upgrade. It is not looking good for 2016 delivery on 5 seat coil.

no discounts on SAS or 6 seat
I think we got the 50% offer on the SAS because we ordered long ago before the change to require it for 6/7 seaters, and also no discount on changing to more seats was ever offered that I know of. But look at it this way, you still get the $1000 owner referral discount that was not eligible on Model X back then, so it's almost a wash. Just think about how much better build quality will be by then, at least that what I told myself waiting since March.

Reactions: Scoopup
Well I'm having a down right negative experience with my DS so far. My order confirmed on 7/24. On 8/3 I got a call from the agent assigned to my order regarding what everyone on this thread is talking about (I ordered the 5 seat config. They ask telling me to upgrade to 6/7 seat + SAS or wait until 2017).

I emailed and called the person back regarding any discounts I can get if I upgrade, as well as fee waiver if we change the order to a MS. Two email follow up and two calls later - no response from him.

I am fairly upset that I was never told, at the time of ordering, that production of the 5-seater configuration do not start until end of 2016. Every communication I had indicated Late September delivery for the MX. This is a major bummer.

After some research - it looks like most folks on this (and other) forums has had good and positive interactions with Tesla support. So I'll stick with my order and hopefully get in touch with the agent.

Anyone else experienced similar slowness in response from Tesla? Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Well I'm having a down right negative experience with my DS so far. My order confirmed on 7/24. On 8/3 I got a call from the agent assigned to my order regarding what everyone on this thread is talking about (I ordered the 5 seat config. They ask telling me to upgrade to 6/7 seat + SAS or wait until 2017).

I emailed and called the person back regarding any discounts I can get if I upgrade, as well as fee waiver if we change the order to a MS. Two email follow up and two calls later - no response from him.

I am fairly upset that I was never told, at the time of ordering, that production of the 5-seater configuration do not start until end of 2016. Every communication I had indicated Late September delivery for the MX. This is a major bummer.

After some research - it looks like most folks on this (and other) forums has had good and positive interactions with Tesla support. So I'll stick with my order and hopefully get in touch with the agent.

Anyone else experienced similar slowness in response from Tesla? Any advice appreciated, thanks!
Communication from any source regarding the five seat/coil option has been less than forthcoming. When I ordered in April the website indicated July, August. Every few months they would push the five seat option out a few months. Some DS's are better than others.

Reactions: Scoopup