Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a model Y and an hour later...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a week of debating between the model 3 performance and model Y performance , I put in my order today on Model Y. An hour or so later , I see this on my drive home today. A sign lol.

CE4F6525-BF3D-4C91-9FA4-194508165280.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it does.

There are multiple pictures of this, even pictures of stuff in the hitch.
The one in your pictures does, but the one in the OP does not. And both recent leaked "walk-around" videos lack the hitch cutout. It would seem both variants exist. So the question is who gets what. Which isn't promising for those of us in the US, where European 3s get hitches and US 3s do not.

The one in your pictures does, but the one in the OP does not. And both recent leaked "walk-around" videos lack the hitch cutout. It would seem both variants exist. So the question is who gets what. Which isn't promising for those of us in the US, where European 3s get hitches and US 3s do not.
I disagree that the walk around and the photo above show a lack of the hitch cut out. I mentioned in another thread, but the picture above is pretty zoomed in and I would say at best it is inconclusive that there is a hitch.
upload_2020-3-4_14-40-16.png

Here is a close up of a recently spotted, and presumably production, Model Y. The hitch cut out is pretty discrete even in this higher res close up.
upload_2020-3-4_14-41-59.png

Even the walk around video looks like it has the door.
upload_2020-3-4_14-46-26.png

I think its premature to say they're shipping cars without this feature that every tester car has had.
Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

After a week of debating between the model 3 performance and model Y performance , I put in my order today on Model Y. An hour or so later , I see this on my drive home today. A sign lol.
I saw a grey Model 3 with the same taillight out on my drive home.

Thanks for pic - looks good! Are one of the taillights not working?

Outer half of the right taillight.

Possibly braking and signaling for a right hand lane change.

It’s 2020, shouldn’t have to worry about lights being out on your brand new car.... especially when they are all LED.

No worries mates.
It's a new model Tesla...
When you get yours delivered - you'll know what I am talking about. :(

"It's Within Spec!"
:eek:

20200304_200119.jpg