Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS60 today, debating if I should get the wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
u98UzYhbcO3fjNzpjom2h4hg1FQzDs7DJUMXkHxybJn

My husband got mine up today! Looks great! Same price as another mobile connector. We got the long cord because it wasn't that much more. Hey I don't even have my car yet.

One thing I did not see mention in the replies is the weather element. It probably doesn't apply to the OP (location Florida) but if you live north/north east and park outside, snow might be an issue.

In my situation, 1) I don't have a garage and 2) live in MA. Rain and snow is an issue. So far, I can not find a "good" outdoors electrical box to host and protect the NEMA outlet. "Good" for me means: 1) up to electrical code, 2) good protection from rain/snow and 3) not ugly looking.

In theory, the HPWC is weather proof (Type 3R) and good looking. Having said that, I am still looking for a good NEMA solution before my Tesla arrives (late January) but so far, the HPWC is the better choice for me.

I also have a NEMA 14-50 receptacle in a ruggedized box for my generator inlet attached to the 200 AMP main that feeds my house. It seals nicely when closed.