Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered standard range + model 3 6th May, wonder if I will get the price cut in the UK before it ar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Historically, from what I have witnessed, Tesla have honoured price cuts (and ignored price increases within their control) based upon total order value. But if some individual items rise, they will have affected any saving.

Basically, a price adjustment will have revalued the whole order at that point in time. You will have paid the lesser of the original total order, or the new revised price total order.

What the above means is that if something, such as FSD rises in price, but base model reduces in price, you will have paid the higher FSD price, but lower base price. It is the lesser total order price that they have honoured, the original price, or new revised order price.

Historically... and lease orders are more complex.

Historically, from what I have witnessed, Tesla have honoured price cuts (and ignored price increases within their control) based upon total order value. But if some individual items rise, they will have affected any saving.

Basically, a price adjustment will have revalued the whole order at that point in time. You will have paid the lesser of the original total order, or the new revised price total order.

What the above means is that if something, such as FSD rises in price, but base model reduces in price, you will have paid the higher FSD price, but lower base price. It is the lesser total order price that they have honoured, the original price, or new revised order price.

Historically... and lease orders are more complex.
Interesting to see the knock on effect on re sale values of existing teslas on the road already

I don’t think there’s any guarantee that UK prices are going down. It would be nice though.

I don’t know about the 3 but the S and X prices dropped at the same time as the US ones. My S order placed on Saturday is being adjusted down to the new price, but in choosing to do that I lose the free Supercharging. £4K is worth a lot more to me than some free leccy :D

Keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

If you know what 'looking in the source code' re VIN means, you can also see the current pricing being applied to your order. A change though is normally accompanied by at least some form of communication from Tesla. Without checking current config vs what you ordered, its not even clear whether the Model 3 has even had a price adjustment.

If you know what 'looking in the source code' re VIN means, you can also see the current pricing being applied to your order. A change though is normally accompanied by at least some form of communication from Tesla. Without checking current config vs what you ordered, its not even clear whether the Model 3 has even had a price adjustment.

I haven't quite got to grips with the source code/hidden VIN thing (any guidance welcomed :)) but as soon as the news broke of a price change I simply went to the Design Studio and configured the same car that I just ordered. A £4k difference with a lack of free SuCing being the only compromise.

A short and efficient email exchange with Tesla and My Tesla has already been updated and a revised Order Agreement is there, in conjunction with an email attaching the revised document. The finance figure has also been updated.

I suppose the only complication would be if the spec had changed between order and price change date making a like for like comparison impossible.

Horses for course I guess but when it comes to money I rarely "keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best" :eek: