Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ordering 21" wheels outside of design studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is obvious, but if I order a non-performance MS with stock 19" wheels (included in price), but wanted the 21" wheels for the summer, wouldn't it be better to order the 21" wheels separately off the Tesla Gear website: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s-functional/products/21-grey-performance-wheel , rather than ordering the 21" wheel option with the car (as I wouldn't also receive the 19's)? That is, for an extra $3500, I would be getting the 21s (off their website), but also the 19s with the car -- instead of paying the $3500 for the 21" wheel package with the original wheel order and getting just that set of wheels. Am I missing something?

The rims plus wheels are $5,200 installed from the website ($3,500 is rims only) if that changes things.

Options for 19" wheels are

· 19” wheels and Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 VSB all-season tires (set of 4) $2,300.00 + Tax
· 19” wheels and Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 (pre-stud) XL (set of 4) $2,800.00 + Tax
· 19” wheels and Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero II BW (set of 4) $2,400.00 + Tax
· 19” wheels, center caps, and TPMS sensors (set of 4) $1,580.00 + Tax