Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering fee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it was 1200 last year so looks like they split it up. Not happy about it. Especially if you are buying an inventory vehicle but whatever, just gotta factor it into the decision making process.

You bring up a fair point about factoring in the fee. Going over this Model Y today, my total is over 77k. I would have rather had them just add the $100 onto the price than charge yet another fee. This fee was in addition to an already long list:

destination fee
documentation fee
sales tax
tire fee
license fee
electronic filing fee
registration/transfer/titling fee

Sigh.....can you tell yet that I live in California?

You bring up a fair point about factoring in the fee. Going over this Model Y today, my total is over 77k. I would have rather had them just add the $100 onto the price than charge yet another fee. This fee was in addition to an already long list:

destination fee
documentation fee
sales tax
tire fee
license fee
electronic filing fee
registration/transfer/titling fee

Sigh.....can you tell yet that I live in California?

Easy solution. Drop the FSD, it's not worth it yet.

I think it was 1200 last year so looks like they split it up. Not happy about it. Especially if you are buying an inventory vehicle but whatever, just gotta factor it into the decision making process.
Even if it’s an inventory vehicle, they still charge you destination fee because the car was shipped to your destination/dealer.

All the manufacturers do this... yeah, it’s sucks.

I have both written and verbal confirmation that the $100 gets taken off the final payment upon delivery. Say your down payment is estimated to be $10,000. You would pay $9,900 when you pick up the car. I believe the MVPA would be the final numbers, not the order agreement.
Yeah it's a credit for an advance payment - think of it as a $100 downpayment - you get credit for it in your final tally.

My experience was different. Like you, when placing the online order I thought the $100 was simply a non-refundable deposit on the car. When I received the link to my MVPA, it shows the $100 as a fee, and that fee was included in the MVPA cost of the car. Yes, the $100 was already paid and thus my balance due was $100 lower than the car's total cost... but I paid $100 more than the car, options, and destination/delivery fees would total. When I called the Delivery Center to question this, I was told the "set fees" total was $1,300... $1,125 Destination Fee, $75 Documentation Fee, $100 Order Fee. The order fee is non-refundable, while the other fees only materialize when your car does.

Since advance knowledge of the extra $100 wouldn't have changed my mind about ordering, I chose to have a rare Zen moment, and thanked the gentleman for the answer.

My experience was different. Like you, when placing the online order I thought the $100 was simply a non-refundable deposit on the car. When I received the link to my MVPA, it shows the $100 as a fee, and that fee was included in the MVPA cost of the car. Yes, the $100 was already paid and thus my balance due was $100 lower than the car's total cost... but I paid $100 more than the car, options, and destination/delivery fees would total. When I called the Delivery Center to question this, I was told the "set fees" total was $1,300... $1,125 Destination Fee, $75 Documentation Fee, $100 Order Fee. The order fee is non-refundable, while the other fees only materialize when your car does.

Since advance knowledge of the extra $100 wouldn't have changed my mind about ordering, I chose to have a rare Zen moment, and thanked the gentleman for the answer.
I thought of it as a $100 downpayment for which I received credit when the final billing was presented.