Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Waiting Room MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Y-Girl

Jun 1, 2021
PNW
Since I have spent countless hours refreshing my account page to see if the delivery date has changed, I thought I would create this waiting room to see how long other Oregonians are waiting (and to help pass the time). I ordered my MYLR on 5/24 and as of today, my delivery date has moved to 7/18-8/7. This fluctuation is killing me! Anyone else??

Ordered May 16th. I check daily just for grins, but the estimated delivery date has jumped from June to July and is now back to 6/19 - 6/30.

No vin, no txts no call, just a robot guessing when they might have my car...

I ordered on 5/4, been saying mid June whole time. Jumped to Sep-Oct a few days ago, then went back to mid June 2 days ago. Got a vision confirmation yesterday, and then got a vin. Today the vin is gone, and EDD just says September.

I totally forgot about updating this thread, because I got so excited when I picked up the car a few weeks ago. Turns out the first VIN I was assigned I'm pretty sure went to Texas, as someone posted their whole VIN a while ago in Texas, and it was within single digits of my original vin... I got another vin a week or 2 later, but this time got all the e-documents soon after, which I didn't before... I've been too busy putting on 1200 additional miles, that I forgot to update this thread, lol.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
I ordered my MYLR on 5/9 and have a delivery date of 9/15-9/30. I am based out of Bend, OR and have to pick it up in Portland, OR. I took a test drive a few days ago in Portland and the SA mentioned that a Bend, OR location was going to open up by the end of August so the pickup may change to that location, which is nice if it does.

Ordered our MYLR AWD white/black 19" with tow and No FSD on 5/24. Currently sitting at Aug 9- Aug 29 EDD. We have seen as early as July 24 and as late as Oct since ordering. I did call Wash [] Tesla and the SA said ours would be delivered at the end of Aug. I am assuming that is a guess on her part after reading some of the posts here.

Ordered 5/15. Blue on Black LR, 20s, no tow or FSD, paying cash. No VIN or clickable button.

My SA's latest update was that my car's build date was "on track" for the second week of August, according to their internal system. EDD guess-timate today is 8/9-8/25 but has been the very definition of "moving goalposts". 84 days so far -- nearly a quarter. One would expect that EDD predictability will improve dramatically once the TX factory comes online.

Ordered 5/15. Blue on Black LR, 20s, no tow or FSD, paying cash. No VIN or clickable button.

My SA's latest update was that my car's build date was "on track" for the second week of August, according to their internal system. EDD guess-timate today is 8/9-8/25 but has been the very definition of "moving goalposts". 84 days so far -- nearly a quarter. One would expect that EDD predictability will improve dramatically once the TX factory comes online.
Your order date was 9 days before ours. Your EDD starts 6 days before ours. So it at least looks like the system has some method to it?

Your order date was 9 days before ours. Your EDD starts 6 days before ours. So it at least looks like the system has some method to it?
It appears to somewhat track. The internal EDD window methodology is a black box, but I'd guess it factors in various parameters like order volume, current production capacity/run rate, shipping latency etc to come up with the EDD window. When the algorithm can't figure it out it defaults to "last month of quarter" like we've seen happen a few times. Again, just my guess -- I've no idea how it actually works.

Dealing with unprecedented demand and a huge supply constraint certainly appears to be taxing their system. The goofy "Final Payment" email sent out in error in June also suggested they are tripping over themselves to keep up.

Thursday Aug 19-Sept 8
Yesterday Aug 15-Sept 4
Today Aug 20- Sept 9

On a good note though, our friend scheduled Carvana to pick up his car on the 21st. So it would be great if Tesla could get it together and make this happen.
Day 75 today