Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orleans, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heading out there at the end of July, to Orleans. Hoping that there is progress or it's up and running by then... We are still debating on taking the Tesla or not (Model 3 long range). Not sure of where to charge otherwise... I saw that PB Boulangerie, and reached out to them...They have 2 chargers (Destination i think, not superchargers). Appreciate all you folks providing the updates as you are!!

Heading out there at the end of July, to Orleans. Hoping that there is progress or it's up and running by then... We are still debating on taking the Tesla or not (Model 3 long range). Not sure of where to charge otherwise... I saw that PB Boulangerie, and reached out to them...They have 2 chargers (Destination i think, not superchargers). Appreciate all you folks providing the updates as you are!!

I frequently go to the cape. Here is my strategy.

Full charge up at sagamore. Have lunch at McDees.

If at rental, or house, charge via regular plug whenever not using the car. Bring heavy duty extension cord. This is surprisingly effective over time.

This usually is enough.

But if more needed:

Charge at Wellfleet preserve. It is slow though. So plan on hike and picnic, or bring bikes and head out from there for long ride.

Charge at Chatham Bars Inn. Plan on nice long dinner. See valets. Charge is around 30/hr if I remember correctly.

Last trip charging at house was enough, as miles didn't add up while on the cape.

But yes, Orleans Supercharger will be much much better. :)

But do recommend Tesla on the cape. Makes the traffic so much easier, autopilot! And when you get there, Tesla matches the vibe of the place.

I don't know how far away it is from where you plan to be or how much of an inconvenience it would be to plan for a trip out to charge if needed, but there's also the supercharger in Mashpee which is operational.

I head there each weekend to my home in Wellfleet so I will continue to provide updates. I charge at Sagamore as well and if need be pb Boulangerie. If someone is next to you excruciatingly slow.

There are ChargePoint chargers in Audubon society in Wellfleet and in ptown which provides you with a free parking space as it is outside of the general parking lot

Reactions: plugsnotdrugs

Oh man - take the Tesla! If you’re renting a place, you’re probably all set. You can get back over 100 miles per day with a regular outlet (bring your own extension cord, as noted above). You’re unlikely to drive that much when you’re there. We spent a week at a rental in Sandwich two years ago, and I charged entirely from a 110V outlet, including enough for the 150 mile drive home.

Oh man - take the Tesla! If you’re renting a place, you’re probably all set. You can get back over 100 miles per day with a regular outlet (bring your own extension cord, as noted above). You’re unlikely to drive that much when you’re there. We spent a week at a rental in Sandwich two years ago, and I charged entirely from a 110V outlet, including enough for the 150 mile drive home.
I concur with the strategy to charge up at Sagamore as I have done so (Model S 100D). Also, take a whale watch out of Ptown. There are two public chargers close to the docks. Or, just have some Ptown fun.

4E51834D-ED9B-4853-9376-293DE335DDCA.jpeg 54114E84-EF43-414B-879D-77C9215AC0E4.jpeg C45E197D-5943-4C5F-8DA0-8B41D1E7696F.jpeg

I stopped by at noon on my way to PTown. There were a couple of guys there digging up more ground.

This charger and the one in Dennis are a big deal for the area. I've got a couple of friends waiting on Tesla purchases because they have condos and thus no access to home charging.

Kind of unfortunate this one is all the way in the back of Stop & Shop and on the wrong side of the other stores ... but on the plus-side, at least it shouldn't get ICEd. :)

Keep the updates coming! Thanks all.

This charger and the one in Dennis are a big deal for the area. I've got a couple of friends waiting on Tesla purchases because they have condos and thus no access to home charging.

Kind of unfortunate this one is all the way in the back of Stop & Shop and on the wrong side of the other stores ... but on the plus-side, at least it shouldn't get ICEd. :)

Which one in Dennis?

Newest update (PlugShare)View attachment 432857
Thanks for posting my pic from PlugShare. Weird I can’t see the station I added on PlugShare. But I guess you can, so that’s good.