Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OTA updates to new MY

jknutter

Feb 12, 2021
Pleasant Prairie, WI
I brought home my LR MY on Friday 2/19. One of the first things I did was set up the WIFI in the car. I'm getting 5 bars of strength but not receiving any updates. I also have the Software upgrades set to "Advanced". I'm currently at 2020.47.101.1 so no Jukebox or games. Typically how long does it take to start receiving them and is there anything I can do to speed it up? Thanks in advance.

alexcue

Aug 5, 2020
Los Angeles
Well just as an FYI, I took delivery on a Friday on October, I didn't have access to app, so I called the delivery center and they said wait till 6pm when they closed and it would hit their computers. Meanwhile I'd set up the WiFi at home, sure enough at 5:55 the app came on and I would say within about 20 minutes of playing with the app I saw that an update was available. I hit update now. So it's all up to luck of when you get updated. YMMV

kashian

Jan 4, 2021
San Diego
I believe updates are based on configuration and geographic location. You can't pull it, they'll have to push it. All you can do is wait.

N1L CO2

Jul 10, 2020
OC, CA
Good news! I have owned my LR MY for 5 days and just received update 2021.4.10. Took about 25 minutes to install.

Thanks everybody for the information!
2020.4.10 Looks to be more bug fixes plus a few new items.
  • QQ Lyrics
  • Tesla Theater
  • Voice Recognition Improvements

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC